Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

I Hate when this happens

this thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 1684 times

Old 10-12-2002, 06:35:32 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,982 Times in 1,749 Posts
Default I Hate when this happens

Since it was raining today, I thought I would deliver an engine(Associated 2 1/2HP) to Pete. Here it is on the 16' trailer all by itself, and then , DARN.... I hate when this happens . The tag on the one in the middle disappeared along the NJ-Tpk on the way home . One is a 6HP Sparta Economy with a big Lukenheimer mixer and it even has the water hopper ring in place. The Mogul is a 1 3/4HP with an IHC marked type "R" pot metal mag with an Accurate Engineering band The cart, it's only an Economy drop frame type . Just having some fun in NJ on a wet day. Paul

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2002, 06:58:57 PM
Tim Claremont

Default Re: I Hate when this happens

So sorry for your misfortune, Paul!

Would you mind taking some more detailed pictures of the Economy cart for me? My cart has incorrect wheels and stuff, and I would like to see what the real thing is supposed to look like!
Old 10-12-2002, 07:25:35 PM
Subscriber

Tim: Here is a side view of the drop frame cart. It's to dark now to get more photos of the front. Some of the bolts are rusted away, but good old McMaster Carr will come to my rescue for those plain old iron, square head and stove bolts. Paul

Old 10-12-2002, 07:28:32 PM
Tim Claremont

Thanks Paul. Here is a shot of what I am dealing with.

Rumor has it that this is a 7 h.p. cart.

Old 10-12-2002, 07:29:29 PM
Tim Claremont

Um, I did not mean that the CART is 7 hp I...nevermind...
Old 10-12-2002, 08:10:55 PM
David Greenwalt

Tim, I think that cart don't look all that bad the way it is. And I'm serious, I really mean that. David.
Old 10-12-2002, 08:13:57 PM
Tim Claremont

No David, it does not look bad.

The problem is that the suspension is incorrect for the cart. I believe it to be part Model T or A! I am not going to run right out and change it, but if I spy some of the parts I need somewhere I can pick them up now that I know what they are 'sposed to look like.

The wheels are mismatched front to back, and the paint needs some help, but it really does look pretty good. The rubberized tires make quite a difference in the vibration of the unit while it is running, and when I am carrying it on the trailer.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:52:32 PM
Allen

Sometimes that odd jury-rigged beastie is the best part of a show...especially if you also have a story about HOW and WHY it got that way
Old 10-13-2002, 08:06:34 AM
Subscriber

Tim: Well its just a great day here in NJ , still raining, but we need it so that's OK. Here is a wet photo of the front end of the Economy drop frame cart. Trying to figure out how to have fun today No flea markets, raining, had breakfast, raining, took a photo, raining, etc...., raining Paul raining

Old 10-13-2002, 08:10:54 AM
Tim Claremont

Thanks Paul, but your cart must be screwed up. You see, your wheels match front to back. They are nothing like mine.

Better sell me that messed up hulk of yours...
Old 10-13-2002, 08:33:44 AM
Subscriber

Tim: I'm glad you like it . I thought about selling it to you, but...... everything matches and I didn't want to dissapoint you. I think I'll put the 6HP Sparta on it since the mounting holes on the engine at 9" wide line up nicely with those on the cart rails . SORRY ..Paul is just trying to have fun in the rain.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:39:41 AM
Tom Winland

Hey Paul,

Don't feel bad because I've lost grease cups and the oiler plugs that go on oil field engines when transporting when they vibrate loose.

Tom Winland Ohio