Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Welding Shop
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Welding Shop Welder generators, equipment, weld practice, techniques, troubles and solutions. See our TERMS of SERVICE prior to reading!

Welding Shop

Miller 200LE overcharging and fuel issue

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1649 times

Old 10-13-2014, 08:29:54 PM
Registered

Default Miller 200LE overcharging and fuel issue

Picked up one up from an auction for a decent price to use as a welder and backup gen.

It ran and had good oil pressure, but shortly after playing with it, the fuel pump started to have an issue and the oil smelled like gas. Just recently picked up a rebuild kit from Onanparts. After "rebuilding" the pump, I can't seem to get it to run good. I would almost say it isn't getting enough fuel. I say this because first starting after sitting it will run for a little and be able to accel. Then it seems like after it is warmed up it will die off of idle. I can use the choke which will keep it running but not get the full rpm when opening the throttle, also not really any black smoke when using the choke like I would expect.

Issue 2, if adjusting the idle down to 89-90 volts, at power rpm (when it wants to run), I am getting 140 volts. What else can be adjusted here?

IIRC, it was a '74 spec CCKA. I have rebuilt the fuel pump and put in new NGK plugs equivalent to Champion H10's.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2014, 09:05:49 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Miller 200LE overcharging and fuel issue

If you disconnect the fuel line from the carb and put it in a container and crank the engine over, do you get a healthy flow of fuel coming out? If not, the pump is still screwed up.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:55:57 AM
Registered

My inherent problem is I second guess my results too much if they don't match a specific measurement for a a test. With that healthy flow doesn't give me a specific amount to measure, so I will always wonder if mine is flowing enough even though when I look at it, it sure looks that way.

Anyway, cleaned the passage ways int he carb again, because it sure looked by manually priming the pump that it would have plenty of fuel to run. Also the carb had fuel in the bowl.

After that it seemed to run decent. I'm going to throw a filter on it as I could see crap in the sediment bowl moving around when manually priming and I wonder if something made it that way.

Onto the voltage battle.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:04:11 AM
Registered

Try this website for your manual. Someone on another forum gave it to me and my exact welder was here. Helped a BUNCH.

I don't use a fuel pump...gravity flow works great!

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/l...&submit=Search

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

I have a Onan Engine Manual if you need it. PM me.