Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

John Grundseth auction

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1126 times

Old 07-30-2019, 09:04:22 PM
Subscriber

Default John Grundseth auction

Click on the August 3rd and 4th Brooten, MN
https://www.midwestauctions.com/ziem...ate/index.html
Old tractors, cars, trucks, machinery and scrap iron etc.
No connection other than to go looking at a Twin City tractor.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Duey C For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2019, 01:04:57 PM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 6,028 Times in 3,093 Posts
Default Re: John Grundseth auction

Good thing that it's so far away. Other wise I'd have to go and add a few old rides to the collection!
Old 08-01-2019, 01:02:51 AM
Subscriber

Type too much, too much to say.
Haha! I hear you FW. For me, the scrap iron pile is where the neat bits are to be found on this sale for me!
I'll report back here or prob'ly on the TC's on a whim thread if the "Twin City tractor on steel lugs" is anything. Even IF crap, it may need to come here.
Gotta love the auctioneers descriptions sometimes. Or not. Gentlemen, even tho it may only be several hundred dollars of one sale item in the mix, get your "game on" a little better and actually KNOW your craft or look at the serial tag huh? I'll bet a buck saying the lugs are cast iron, not steel.
Of course it's on steel. Just say that. No clue. Or am I the one with no clue... Non-descript may bring more fellas around eh?
I'm tagging along tomorrow to preview. Hopefully I don't actually have to be there on Saturday and my BIL will grab the TC IF it's something I desire. I'd certainly go help after the fact to load it plus his bits etc but I can't bear to stand around all day at an auction. My body starts to yell obscenities at me when I do. Or did 25 years ago, haven't been to one since. He says bring a chair. He may be correct.
Thanks Dar...
Maw's grumpy right now. So ANYTHING is a hard sell. She's my main beneficiary after all...........
Might actually ask an old friend of both of us if he'd lend me 1400 bucks to get a nice KT TC until I find my ultimate early, early K. Might have to keep the rubber tired one if he's a good'n.
Stories about old friends can go miles deep. I'll just leave that there.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:26:08 PM
Subscriber

Brother In Law grabbed the Twin City for me. I was just as nervous as if I had been there. Back hurts like I went also.
#301042 (1042), 1930 KT. Rear steel with extensions, banjo air cleaner and rough engine. Pics/info to come over on the "On a whim" thread.

Last edited by Duey C; 08-03-2019 at 02:05:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duey C For This Post: