Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generac Generators (SEARS, etc.)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generac Generators (SEARS, etc.) Restoring, maintaining and operating Generac generators.

Generac Generators (SEARS, etc.)

Guardian 15kw propane overspeed

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 266 times

Old 09-01-2019, 05:16:48 PM
Registered

Default Guardian 15kw propane overspeed

I have a guardian 15kw 0047602 that was connected to NG, but I did the conversion to propane. It started up great after about a minute or so it would shutdown with overspeed flashing. after about 3 cycles it is staying running now, maybe because it was sitting a while?, anyway it's running and I've got about 123v 60hz on the block now. The motor seems like a slight oscillation but the volts are steady. My first standby genny, is that normal or would it be constant. also if the power is constant should I mess with it at all.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 07:01:49 PM
Registered

Default Re: Guardian 15kw propane overspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotaz View Post
I have a guardian 15kw 0047602 that was connected to NG, but I did the conversion to propane. It started up great after about a minute or so it would shutdown with overspeed flashing. after about 3 cycles it is staying running now, maybe because it was sitting a while?, anyway it's running and I've got about 123v 60hz on the block now. The motor seems like a slight oscillation but the volts are steady. My first standby genny, is that normal or would it be constant. also if the power is constant should I mess with it at all.
Flashing overspeed is a voltage production issue and is usually caused by worn slip rings that have a poor connection to the brush pack. There's a whole topic on it here: https://gentekpower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31