Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators Restoring, maintaining and operating Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu, and clones.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators

Honda's New EU7000 Fuel Injected Generator

this thread has 451 replies and has been viewed 127450 times

Old 10-18-2018, 12:41:34 AM
Registered

Default Re: Honda's New EU7000 Fuel Injected Generator

I'm bumping this thread with an old question....

Is the parallel kit available yet?

How about the wireless remote?

I've been putting off my purchase of two EU7000s for a few years now in anticipation of these two items becoming available - I've been making do with an old, loud Generac that has served me well, but will be gifted to my brother when I upgrade to the twin Hondas.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2018, 08:27:38 AM
Registered

Jeffro, some here and here on wireless remote, even tho main topic is LP conversion. Also check pages 20-26 on this thread.

Have you checked out here for the parallel kit?

and here.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:52:47 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro115 View Post
I'm bumping this thread with an old question....

Is the parallel kit available yet?

How about the wireless remote?

I've been putting off my purchase of two EU7000s for a few years now in anticipation of these two items becoming available - I've been making due with an old, loud Generac that has served me well, but will be gifted to my brother when I upgrade to the twin Hondas.

Thanks!
Yes its available and selling well. A few of us have tried the new kit and have had very good success with them.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:36:37 PM
Registered

I have the new parallel kit and it's also working well for me.

I don't recall seeing a Honda wireless kit being released but I have the old Pinellas Power wireless kit that works well too. I believe the new kit includes smartphone access which includes battery voltage monitoring.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:58:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant View Post
Jeffro, some here and here on wireless remote, even tho main topic is LP conversion. Also check pages 20-26 on this thread.

Have you checked out here for the parallel kit?

and here.
Thank you Constant!

And AlexV and billinjax for responding.

I asked this question but it took me this long to check the thread again.... glad I did and thank you for your help!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeffro115 For This Post:
Old 05-10-2019, 10:23:49 AM
Registered

The Parallel kit is a nice option. 12,000 watts is a lot of power for home backup. My house here in NJ I really only need to run one. If I need to run my central A/C's than I need to Parallel. The price for a new EU7000 went up a lot since I bought. if I were going to buy 2 EU7000's and the Parallel kit today I would take a good look at the Kubota GL11000 diesel.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:30:21 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
if I were going to buy 2 EU7000's and the Parallel kit today I would take a good look at the Kubota GL11000 diesel.
+1. That is a nice generator especially given the size.

Although I never could quite figure out how to break the ground/neutral bonding on this unit from the manuals/schematics.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:16:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by billinjax View Post
+1. That is a nice generator especially given the size.

Although I never could quite figure out how to break the ground/neutral bonding on this unit from the manuals/schematics.
That would be a problem. You would hope the people at Kubota would have an answer.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:31:45 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
That would be a problem. You would hope the people at Kubota would have an answer.
I asked but got the answer that they design the generator for job sites and not home standby. Actually, I think they wouldn't talk with me and referred me to a dealer.

Breaking the connection probably requires cutting a wire and I bet they worry about legal exposure if someone gets electrocuted.

I would still buy the Kubota rather than going the EU7000 parallel route. Two generators just end up being twice the work. The Aurora route is compelling (I think I have the name right) but dealing with that size machine is a real pain if you live in a suburban area. I think the Kubota wins due to size despite the 3600RPM.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:19:18 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by billinjax View Post
I asked but got the answer that they design the generator for job sites and not home standby. Actually, I think they wouldn't talk with me and referred me to a dealer.

Breaking the connection probably requires cutting a wire and I bet they worry about legal exposure if someone gets electrocuted.

I would still buy the Kubota rather than going the EU7000 parallel route. Two generators just end up being twice the work. The Aurora route is compelling (I think I have the name right) but dealing with that size machine is a real pain if you live in a suburban area. I think the Kubota wins due to size despite the 3600RPM.
The Aurora Generators look real good for more power and their 1800 RPM's. They also use the Perkins engine. The big problem I have is I have no way of rotating diesel. I just rotated my gas supply I have in storage in NJ. I went with the Kohler 30RCL at my house in Florida. I was very surprised at the surge when the 5 ton central A/C came on. I put the 5 2 1 hard start kit on and it made a big difference. I just get a blink now. Even on city power the surge was impressive until I put that kit on.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexV For This Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 07:51:56 AM
Registered

the paralell kit is a nice option, but you have to ask yourself: do you really need that much power? I live just fine off the 5500w cont 6500 surge watts of a EM6500 so in my case updating to a single EU7000is is more than sufficient.
(in fact I run an Ez3500 and updated to an EU3000is in winter months) I need the extra power of the EU7000is or EM6500 in summer for window AC units.

That being said, I did purchase the paralell kit and a second EU7000is to test how it performed (and to have the second unit as a spare) and I am very impressed. When using both units and the paralell kit I can power both the house and the workshop at the same time. (11,872w maximum draw). so the kit was a worthwile investment even though a single unit is normally sufficient.

As to an LP kit, I would have no use for one. others may find it useful, but I am a stickler for the One Fuel For Everything philosophy, and that fuel in my case, is gasoline.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:01:23 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Dawn View Post
the paralell kit is a nice option, but you have to ask yourself: do you really need that much power? I live just fine off the 5500w cont 6500 surge watts of a EM6500 so in my case updating to a single EU7000is is more than sufficient.
(in fact I run an Ez3500 and updated to an EU3000is in winter months) I need the extra power of the EU7000is or EM6500 in summer for window AC units.

That being said, I did purchase the paralell kit and a second EU7000is to test how it performed (and to have the second unit as a spare) and I am very impressed. When using both units and the paralell kit I can power both the house and the workshop at the same time. (11,872w maximum draw). so the kit was a worthwile investment even though a single unit is normally sufficient.

As to an LP kit, I would have no use for one. others may find it useful, but I am a stickler for the One Fuel For Everything philosophy, and that fuel in my case, is gasoline.
I was very surprised too how two EU7000's running in Parallel started both my 3.5 ton central A/C's. The power output of two EU7000's running in Parallel is impressive. Last week we had an unexpected blackout early in the morning. I just needed to run one EU7000. It ran for 7 hours on ECO mode and used very little fuel. Its nice to have the option in my case of just running one when no A/C is needed. Another nice feature is that when I move to Florida both EU7000's are coming with us. Had I put in a Kohler it would have had to stay.