Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

The Lonnie Caudle Collection Auction - October 17th & 18th, 2014 Brinkley, AR

this thread has 17 replies and has been viewed 10866 times

Old 05-12-2014, 02:17:19 AM
Registered

Default Amazing Antique Tractor & Gas Engine Auction- The Lonnie Caudle Collection

Hi All,
We are working to put together an amazing auction for a dear man that survived a horrible Car accident last April. After all that, has decided to sell his museum. I've known him for a while. He's a real Gem. He used to have an engine show on his grounds, but hasn't for a few years. So we are going to have a retirement auction and celebration for him. Mark it down- October 17th and 18th, 2014 in Brinkley, Arkansas. Watch for more details, inventory, and pictures. There is also a huge amount of Gas & Oil pumps, signs, and more. It will be 2 days for sure. Tractors and Engines on Saturday and Gas and Oil on Sunday. Preview on Friday- Still putting together details.
It truly was amazing he survived. He had a driver's side collision with a Semi. All the bags blew at the same time- I took a picture of the Suburban. My Dad owns Nordstrom's Auto Recyclers and I have seen some bad wrecks- but this one really is something. He's lucky to be alive. I had left him a message on his phone that day, just to visit. His daughter called me back and told me what happened. He was in the hospital for over 3 months and even had to learn to walk again. Now he's Dancing Again! Amazing! Plan now to come to this celebration of life-survival- and History! Watch website for more details and here- vanderbrinkauctions.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	195321   Click image for larger version

Name:	028.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	195322   Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	195323   Click image for larger version

Name:	036.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	195324  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to salvageprincess For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 01:01:42 PM
Registered

Default Re: Amazing Antique Tractor & Gas Engine Auction- The Lonnie Caudle Collection

There is a possibility that will be following weekend- 25th and 26th- stay tuned for this site and website for details. WE are working to get dates situated and everything lined up.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:00:45 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,886 Times in 3,750 Posts
Default Re: Amazing Antique Tractor & Gas Engine Auction- The Lonnie Caudle Collection

Looks like quite a collection. Glad he is doing OK after the accident you described.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:18:54 AM
Registered

Attention- the lonnie caudle collection auction is october 17th- friday and october 18th, 2014 9am each day. We are selling the tractors, engines, and trucks, on day 1 the 17th. Then come back for gas pumps and memorabilia and signs and more on 18th- saturday. See you in brinkley arkansas!!
Please note date- 17th and 18th!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:31:35 AM
Registered

Default The Lonnie Caudle Collection Auction - October 17th & 18th, 2014 Brinkley, AR

HI All,
WE have been working feverishly on the salebill, pictures, and more for the Lonnie Caudle Collection Auction. PLEASE NOTE THE OFFICIAL DATE- DAY 1- FRIDAY OCTOBER 17TH- Will be the Engines, Tractors, Parts, and Trucks.. Then come back for DAY 2- Saturday October 18th, 2014 for the Gas Pumps, Signs, and Collectibles.
There are pictures, and more on the website vanderbrinkauctions.com. We are working on complete Catalog. to be completed soon. All Engines, Tractors, and pumps are in process and with more signs soon.
But Lonnie Called tonight and he has 6 of the Steam engines running! WE will have a party and Preview on the 16th- Thursday Night! If you can't come you can bid on-line.. See the website or call me for details. 605-201-7005. But Lonnie Picked the Date so Everyone can attend.
It's gong to be fun.. Lonnie Loves his engines and tractors, but after the accident, has decided to let others enjoy them. PLEASE like VanDerBrink Auctions, LLC on Facebook or just go watch the wonderful videos of Lonnie working with his engines. You will also get fast updates of pictures and more videos. We hope to see you there! Lonnie was in the Mid-South Fly Wheelers for many years. He had a show at his museum also for 25 years. So we are going to have a celebration of his collection, and a last show for Lonnie.
Many-Many RARE Engines!!!! Large and Small!
Again- Please Note the Dates!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	199810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7311.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	199811   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	199812  
Old 09-26-2014, 12:52:15 AM
Registered

Default Re: The Lonnie Caudle Collection Auction - October 17th & 18th, 2014 Brinkley, AR

Hi Everyone,
we are getting ready for the Lonnie Caudle Auction. WE will have a FREE Bar-B-Que on Thursday evening to celebrate the collection and special token for 1000 lucky bidders. WE hope to see you there for both days in Brinkley, Arkansas. Videos, Catalog, pictures, and more are on my facebook and website. Lonnie got many of his steam engines running on air. It's going to be a wild weekend and we want to see you all in Brinkley, Arkansas October 17th for the Tractors, engines, and vehicles. starting at 9am. There is also a number of parts including oilers, fly wheels, steel wheels, magnetos, and more.
Saturday October 18th will be the gas pumps, signs, and collectibles. NO ON-SITE BUYER'S PREMIUM!!! NO REGISTRATION FEE!! See you there. Call if you have questions. 605-201-7005. We have a rare 15hp Novo. Lonnie said 16hp, but my books say 15hp upright multi-cylinder. There is also a portable Frick Steam unit, and many other rare engines. B Mack Trucks, and much more.
70 upright Visible gas pumps, signs, and more on Saturday. Signs and collectibles again galore. You can also bid online with Proxibid. Again, hope to see you all there! 605-201-7005. vanderbrinkauctions.com Thanks Yvette
There is a really cool video on www.youtube.com that has Lonnie's reaction for running the engines the first time since his accident! Blood, mud, and joy! It was fun helping him turn over those fly wheels to get them going and started to run. By the time I left, he had 5 of them going. Check out the videos. It's amazing!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	206971   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	206972   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	206973  
The Following User Says Thank You to salvageprincess For This Post:
Old 09-26-2014, 01:06:07 AM
Registered

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

I don't know if this link will work on here, but here is LOnnie starting his engines for first time since accident in July.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

http://youtu.be/-rd2owLR1is

here is an assortment of the steam engines running and rare Steam conveyer that brought granite up for the White House and Also the Arkansas Capital. These will all be sold No Reserve. Also an assortment of Tractors- restored, originals, and some projects. MANY John Deere tractors! See you in Brinkley, Arkansas! Yvette This is so much fun for me.. working with all this history and Lonnie. Wonderful gentleman!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:01:46 AM
Engine Buyer

Thanked 3,925 Times in 597 Posts
Default Re: The Lonnie Caudle Collection Auction - October 17th & 18th, 2014 Brinkley, AR

Looks like a neat sale. I don't think I'll be able to make it but I'm going to try to bid online. I'm especially interested in the steam conveyor that transported granite for the White House. There's not much steam stuff still around from the 18th century! Maybe it was the granite for a later addition though...

I want to buy your engines, especially rare ones! http://www.sideshaft.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Rozevink For This Post:
Old 09-27-2014, 06:12:00 PM
Subscriber

Too bad you picked the same weekend as the best engine swap meet in North America, Coolspring Pa.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:38:03 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,662 Times in 1,094 Posts

Previewed the sale today. There is a lot of stuff here to look at. many items not on the catalog, looks to be a long day tomorrow. Hopefully I will be loading something on my trailer.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:26:35 AM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 6,049 Times in 3,103 Posts

any updates or numbers?
Old 10-19-2014, 03:52:14 PM
Registered

I can tell you about a few of the engines that sold.
10hp Fairbanks screen cooled with fanning mill on 16 ft trailer 5250.00
10 hp mccormick/international on nice triple axle trailer somewhere around 9700.00
trailer with all four Fairbanks type Ys $70,000 yes 70,000 crazy
most of the big vertical Fairbanks "sold" for around 5000.00 ea
sellers brother was buying them as far as I could tell
at the end of the day the engines out back were going cheap
A lot of the museum engines were missing pieces or hadn't run in a while
Hopefully they will post prices on website soon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tim Conklin For This Post:
Old 10-19-2014, 08:52:49 PM
Registered

The prices have been updated on the website. Click on the catalog page.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:53:36 PM
Registered

Where can we find the catalog page? Please.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:25:28 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,662 Times in 1,094 Posts

If this works the link is below. The first link is day one, tractors and engines. The second link is day two gas pumps and signs. I went after the big Novo. It sold for 13,500 and went to Riley Idaho going in a mining museum. I brought home a few signs but not as many as I wanted. The Pennzoil sign sold for 9,000(that was a bidding war) and a Reproduction Pontiac service sign sold for 325! ????

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog...=1&sort=0#cnTb

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog...=1&sort=0#cnTb

Last edited by Dwayne Fuller; 10-20-2014 at 09:37:28 AM. Reason: added link for day two
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dwayne Fuller For This Post:
Old 10-28-2014, 12:25:01 AM
Subscriber

I have been talking to several folks that attended this auction. All agree that this was a great collection and was a show in itself just to attend. The frustrating part as it appears to several of us that family members of the seller were bidding back items for the seller. Now I know that everyone including family members have the right the same as myself to bid on any item but when the intend is either to drive up prices or to just for the seller to keep certain items it becomes frustrating for those who drove several miles to attend. I have heard the rumor that over half of the items "sold" are remaining with the seller. I am a firm believer in the American free market system and use auctions to determine something's value. But when that system is undermined then true value is hard to determine. True value is what a buyer is willing to pay. With my rant ending I know it only takes 2 people at an auction to make an item go high. I have been to sales where heirs bid against each other and pay more than an item is "worth". True "worth" is in the eyes of those bidding.

1914 Case 50
1921 Keck 18HP SSG
1923 Keck 22HP DRG
1923 Keck 22HP SSG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lynnhomes01 For This Post:
Old 10-28-2014, 01:45:38 PM
Subscriber

The Emerson tractor seamed low does anyone know if it was bought back by the family or if it is getting a new home?
Old 10-30-2014, 12:54:29 PM

Thanked 6,767 Times in 4,301 Posts
Exclamation Re: The Lonnie Caudle Collection Auction - October 17th & 18th, 2014 Brinkley, AR

Hope Lonnie is doing OK. from experience, collisions with Semis can be a B---h. At least he has a larger vehicle around him. I had a Chevy S-10 that got tangled with a Semi and then a Jeep Cherokee, both doing about 70 MPH. By the time both vehicles were done with the S-10, it looked like it went thru a crusher at a junk yard. The front bumper was smashed all the way back to the dash, engine and trans shoved into the passenger compartment, drive shaft nearly split the cab and bed in two. The second impact was broadside -on the passenger side. The passenger door was pushed 2/3 of the way thru the cab, over the passenger seat and frame rail. After everything stopped moving, I was told I opened the drivers door, walked about 5 feet and collapsed. I remember the accident, but nothing for the next 12 hours. Looking at the truck, I could not get back into the drivers seat. The steering wheel was folded flat into the dash. floor board was against the bottom of the seat, only 5 inches between dash and seat back. Roof folded down to within 3 inches above top of steering wheel. back of seat imbedded 6" into the bed, along with the back of the passenger compartment. All the windows blown out. Even my 4 year old grand daughter could not fit in the compartment left by the impacts. Damage to me: busted collar bone, Cracked shoulder blade and sturnum, 4 ribs busted, punctured lung, broken nose and wrist, 6 dislocated fingers, busted right thumb, multiple bruises and internal injuries. took about a month before I could walk again. Cause of first impact - semi driver decided to switch lanes because of a squirrel in the road! He didn't even feel the impact, and had to be stopped by troopers 23 miles away!

Anyone have results from the auction?