Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Hudson valley new york auction may 9, 2015

this thread has 24 replies and has been viewed 6611 times

Old 05-12-2015, 12:28:11 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Hudson valley new york auction may 9, 2015

People figure they can get better money for them than selling with the engine. My guess
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2015, 11:01:34 PM
Subscriber

Too bad, those engines appeared to be well restored. The igniter mount flanges even had neat homemade covers. I think the seller made a mistake.........

A nice auction this year, however. Lots of high quality treasure.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:37:47 PM
Registered

just my 2 cents been going to hudson for 30 plus years listen to older educated collecters about system. lots of wondeful improvements food concessions ,parking,lost puchases thanks to pd not letting things walk away. one concern was restored engines schould bee sold in one area at about 12.00 this was done sev years ago and and i heard about it for months i wanted to stay and watch 4 engines that were so far into the woods that if it wornt for the 4 plus hrs drive we would have stayed ,only complaint went to pay for item and put intruck computer and tetephone difficultys watched from office as they sold the root and vandervort ,saved some money as usuall a good show but as with sev other clubs listed on this site they need more help the six auctioners did a great job and the and the eather was great
Old 05-14-2015, 09:08:59 PM
Registered

I was impressed on how many flywheel engines were on the field that day, the most I have seen there since I began going to it in 2003. I would like to have bought the Schram Domestic, it seemed like a good project engine. I hope that next years auction is just as good !

~ Jonathan
Old 05-15-2015, 12:59:26 PM

Thanked 6,767 Times in 4,301 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Hudson valley new york auction may 9, 2015

Of the 2 compressors, the Shramm/Domestic had the more restorable engine. The rock Island looked like it had been in a salty area - the rocker and latck off assemblies were heavily rusted - almost to the point of being unrecognizable, unless you know the engine design (I own a model 10) The air reservoirs on both were also heavily pitted, they must be replaced. The rock island probably was bult in the early 1920s, the engine S/N should be stamped into the end of the crank. I did not get to see it thru the rust.

The auction went quite well. One item of note - my son was helping the sheriff check people out as they were leaving. Most were quite co-operative, but a few were nasty about being checked out. As far as I know, all was in order. The sheriff noted that if he were watching vehicles leave the auction site, he would have had a field day writing tickets for overloaded vehicles, and not just purchased items! One car had 9 people packed into it - people were sitting in others laps! No worries though, he hated the thought of having to do a weeks work of paperwork, for just one afternoon!

The Auctioneers indeed did a fine job. The furniture building had over 100 items, and we were done in less than 45 minutes. Most items here were sold, only 3 no sales. Over all, over 2000 items this year,, and all gone within 12 hours of frenzied bidding! Hopefully, a good time had by all!

See you at the next one!
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post: