Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

John Deere PTO corn binder

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 3074 times

Old 08-31-2015, 02:31:17 PM
Registered

Default John Deere PTO corn binder

I am consigning my JD PTO corn binder to my neighbors auction on Sept. 26. It's located about 4 miles east of Solon, IA. When I bought it, it had been under a tin roof shed for 40 plus years. I had full intentions of using it and taking it to shows but my family obligations currently don't allow that so it's time for it to belong to someone else. It does not come with a bundle carrier or wagon elevator but does come with the framework and steel swivel wheel assembly to mount a wsgon elevator. It will come with two brand new balls of treated sisal binder twine and I also installed many new grease zerks. I hooked it up to the tractor and ran it at a low RPM to oil the chains. It ran like a sewing machine. All of the wood is as solid as you will ever find. There is still some paint on the boards and you can clearly read John Deere on either side. There is still a readable stencil on the side reading "John Deere Welland, Ont." other than that most of the paint is gone. Wears Auctioneering out of Solon, IA has the sale and I believe online bidding is available. I will also be consigning my JD late model 237 corn picker that I used to do a couple acres last fall.
Here's a link to the sale
http://wearsauctioneering.com/index....m_medium=email
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2015, 09:04:47 AM
Registered

Default Re: John Deere PTO corn binder

Since this binder does not have a conveyor, do you know if the bundles fall away form the binder so that they dont get run over on the next row being cut?
Thanks Alan
Old 09-04-2015, 06:45:23 AM
Registered

Default Re: John Deere PTO corn binder

No, that was the purpose of the bundle carrier and wagon elevator. Since it doesn't have either they would be in the way of the tractor on the next pass if you don't have someone there right away to pick up the bundles.