Oil Field Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment OFES members otherwise known as "Oafs". If you like "BIG OLD GREASY RUSTY OIL FIELD ENGINES, you're in the right place. Founded by Russell Farmer.

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment

Ohio Oil Co. Oilfield engines

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 1425 times

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2017, 11:27:41 AM
Subscriber

Default Ohio Oil Co. Oilfield engines

Anybody have any info on oilfield engines made for the Ohio Oil Co?
I looked at one a few weeks ago and it looks a lot like a Superior oilfield 4 stroke engine. (wish I had taken a picture)
The one I looked at was a 25 hp. I believe and while it looked like a Superior there were some differences pointed out to me.
Flywheels were heavier, Main bearing caps split parallel to the bedplate instead of at a 45 angle like a Superior, and most components have a part# that starts with an X.
I was told that some parts would fit a Superior engine and you could tell that it was a Ohio oil part because it would have that part # that had the X prefix.
Anybody ever heard of or seen one of these?
The Following User Says Thank You to tyrion For This Post: