Oil Field Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment OFES members otherwise known as "Oafs". If you like "BIG OLD GREASY RUSTY OIL FIELD ENGINES, you're in the right place. Founded by Russell Farmer.

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment

Bear running with accumulator

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1348 times

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2017, 05:21:38 PM
Subscriber

Photo Bear running with accumulator

Since removing the gas accumulator from my South Penn I've connected it to my Black Bear propane fuel system to see if it would change the way it starts and runs. After starting and running the Bear with the accumulator in line several times I really can not tell any difference in performance one way or the other. In fact I probably could remove the demand valve and it would change little unless I happen to stop the engine while the intake valve was open. For that reason, at least for now, I'll leave the valve in place. A very nice day in NW Arkansas. Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bear 5-13-17 001.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	282105  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sekiar For This Post: