Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Vintage Diesel and Oil Stationary Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Vintage Diesel and Oil Stationary Engines Fairbanks Morse, Lister, Petter, Witte and other pump injected Diesel oil engines.

Vintage Diesel and Oil Stationary  Engines

Lister HR 2A generator

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1702 times

Old 10-23-2014, 08:07:30 AM
Registered

Default Lister HR 2A generator

I joined this forum to document a 1973 Lister generator set.

The ID plate is 2097 HR2A 23.

So this is the 2097th engine. It is an HR two cylinder and runs anticlockwise. 23 has to be added to 50 to get the year of manufacture which is 1973.

This is the unit at my mother's house. I am visiting here from the Minnesota USA.

It is set up for auto start and shut off.

The generator runs perfectly.

I changed the engine oil with COMTFSD5L Transflow SD 15W-40. The sump capacity is 10.8 lt.

The oil filter is FGLF566.

I changed the air filter which is FGAF4024.

I changed the fuel filter which is FGFF 167.

I bledd the system at the bleed nut on the air filter carefully, but despite this the pumps air locked. I had to remove the air hopper exhaust, and remove the upper plate on the oil sump, on the left side if the engine. I opened and bled the bleed nuts which are on a slanted part on the upper part of each injector pump. They were then closed and the engine started and ran normally right away.

This unit was bought in 1973 by a solicitor's office in the "winter of discontent". When the offices were demolished the unit was owned for a short time by a construction company. It was bought by my late father and has been at its present location for many years.

This is a superb and exceptionally well governed generator.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2014, 12:00:30 PM
Registered

Default Re: Lister HR 2A generator

A lovely set, thanks for this posting.