Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Allis Chalmers I.B.

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 5161 times

Old 02-22-2001, 02:00:01 AM
Aaron

Default Allis Chalmers I.B.

Hey, Its me again. This time im sixteen I had my birthday on january 21!!!! Any-ways, the reason that I have come to bother you all is because: I have aquried a Allis Chalmers IB. At first I thought that it was a heavy set B that the department of highways had messed up real bad. Like with the huge frame around front and the wierd axle, I thought that they had made that all! But it is a IB. I looked in many books and on the net, but have noticed that there arn't really any out there. I know mine is an IB because a man at one of the meets that I go to used to have one there. Are these tracters really rare? And can I still get those real wierd tires and other parts??

Thanx

Aaron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2001, 12:10:58 AM
Craig

Default Re: Allis Chalmers I.B.

Yes Aaron, your IB IS is a rare find. Parts are nearly non-existent, especially steering parts, and this model has a LOUSY steering box--it's weak and turns about 3/4 lock to lock. Your best bet is to give Mr. Allis Chalmers (Larry Swenson) a call @ 507-787-2338 or email him @ (I think this is correct address) lswenson@bevcom.net. Larry has probably dealt more AC than anyone. Good luck with your rare find!
Old 02-23-2001, 08:47:39 PM
larry

I used to think they were fairly common around here then i realized the same tractor was comeing to every show i went to. I do know 3 people who have them.
Old 02-24-2001, 12:00:33 AM
Bill Klein

Check out the forum on allischalmers.com You will get a lot of worthwhile responses to your question if you post it there. Welcome to the Orange !!!