Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron tractors.

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats

EMI/Empire Motors - El Paso, TX

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 3491 times

Old 01-14-2015, 09:29:22 PM
Subscriber

Thumbs down EMI/Empire Motors - El Paso, TX FRAUD WARNING

This is a warning to all of you. I sent this guy an original Heider 15-27 hub nut more than two years ago. I also sent a check for $770 for two reproduction steel castings and shipping. This was mid August 2012. late October 2012 after several inquiries from me he responded telling me "the patterns are in the casting process". Many telephone calls from me, also emails, have produced nothing more than a letter in October 2014 telling me to be patient.

Research that I have done on the internet yields a number of similar cases (wish I had done this before I sent him my hub nut) which he claims have all been resolved, but he sure hasn't resolved anything with me.

He advertises in the "Commercial Classifieds" section of Antique Power and maybe some other places. I just found him on the internet and looked at an impressive website. He is a scammer, and I am starting to press criminal charges. BEWARE BEWARE

Last edited by SPutman; 01-14-2015 at 09:49:07 PM. Reason: forgot to put WARNING in title
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPutman For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2017, 09:04:26 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: EMI/Empire Motors - El Paso, TX FRAUD WARNING

Yes . EMI Valor Blazer and countless of alias names ,is a scam. he has took me for 6 thou. nothing compared to dozen of others. I suspect he has conned people for close to a million. Don L.

---------- Post added at 08:02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58:54 AM ----------

https://casesearch.epcounty.com/Publ...ch.aspx?ID=400

---------- Post added at 08:04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02:37 AM ----------

http://kfoxtv.com/news/local/custome...local-business

He pretends to sell monuments too.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Livingston For This Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 10:34:17 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,133 Times in 513 Posts
Default Re: EMI/Empire Motors - El Paso, TX FRAUD WARNING

it's a good policy never to have any dealings that close to our southern border. You guys a distance away have no idea what those border towns (and occupants of them) are like. There is little law, American or Mexican. Sorry about y'all's losses.

---------- Post added at 09:34:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Livingston View Post

He pretends to sell monuments too.....
Many of them do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed Bays For This Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 07:48:06 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: EMI/Empire Motors - El Paso, TX

Ed Bays is correct. The only place worse than ElPaso is Laredo. I wont even go to Laredo anymore.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:58:44 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 11,684 Times in 415 Posts
Angry Re: EMI/Empire Motors - El Paso, TX

His game is he watches magazines like Antique Power and when he spots a article where someone has did a major project he contacts them and offers his services with promises of high quality work. However he demands $$ in advance. The work he does is excellent However he is very slow and there always seems to be price increase after price increase and when the job is done even though the shipping was included in the job he rapes you on the amount he demands before he will ship it back to you. Once he charged me $100.00 to drive around the block to the post office! I have quite a bit of stuff castied and am always looking for new venders so I tried him out but had disappointing results with this fellow. good products BAD business Practices! I always believe everyone is honest until proven dishonest and he has proved to be dishonest
Wendell
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendell Kelch For This Post:
Old 07-05-2017, 08:48:13 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 25,069 Times in 6,199 Posts
Default Re: EMI/Empire Motors - El Paso, TX

If anyone detects questionable advertising or activities in the pages of Antique Power magazine, could you please contact me as soon as possible.
Thank you for any help.
Best wishes,
Rick Mannen.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to G Willikers For This Post: