Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Drag Saw Collectors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Drag Saw Collectors Water cooled drag saws; Hercules, Ottawa, Wade, Vaughan, Witte, Timberwolf and Multnomah

Drag Saw Collectors

Ottawa Drag Saw (needing info)

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 711 times

Old 03-15-2018, 10:56:37 PM
Registered

Default Ottawa Drag Saw (needing info)

New to hit & miss engines & Smokstak! I am needing some advice on purchasing an Ottawa drag saw! A gentleman has an Ottawa drag saw with both blades for sale. I have not seen it yet, other than pictures, but he says it is free & not stuck. There are no wcb on the engine, but I'm not familiar enough with this saw to know what would be required to restore it, what should someone pay for the unit, what parts are available & where to purchase, what's it worth if restored? I have included a picture of the unit! Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	137
Size:	473.5 KB
ID:	305681  
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2018, 01:53:44 PM
Registered-I

Smile Re: Ottawa drag saw (needing info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1954International View Post
New to hit & miss engines & Smokstak! I am needing some advice on purchasing an Ottawa drag saw! A gentleman has an Ottawa drag saw with both blades for sale. I have not seen it yet, other than pictures, but he says it is free & not stuck. There are no wcb on the engine, but I'm not familiar enough with this saw to know what would be required to restore it, what should someone pay for the unit, what parts are available & where to purchase, what's it worth if restored? I have included a picture of the unit! Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!!
LOOKS LIKE IT IS A EARLY ONE WITH HE WEBSTER MAG ON IT. LOOKS TO BE FAIRLY COMPLETE.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:54:51 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Ottawa drag saw (needing info)

Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but the crankshaft doesn't look perpendicular to the engine. ?