Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Onan Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Onan Generators Restoring, operating and maintaining vintage Onan generators.

Onan Generators

Wanting another Diesel Set

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 408 times

Old 09-13-2018, 11:29:49 AM
Subscriber

Default Wanting another Diesel Set

I'm on the hunt for another diesel set in the 10-20kw three phase variety. Air or liquid cooled doesn't make a lot of difference and an enclosure is not important. Will be a truck mount installation so an air cooled DJC would be great for compactness. My existing DJC is humming right along with a 15kw generator hanging on the back without problems, but setting up another service truck.

Son in law got the enclosure built for his 15JC install so going to give it a test with a few industrial machines this weekend. Remember it's LP fired and did fine in the shop with light loading with the occasional welder load thrown onto it..... It should serve him well.

I have one 15JC left from the scrap run down into Kentucky earlier this year. Purchased a couple of parts from a nice gent here to get this last JC operational. It runs well but I need to purchase a regulator card as it's missing. Will probably go with a "Flight Standards" regulator as this set is destined for my motorhome conversion from water tanker truck.

Going to have some sheet metal and a base pan surplus to my needs that is going to be offered up here cheap or across the scales if no interest. I'll gather some photos to see if any interest. No guarantees on anything as I know nothing about any of it but there are two enclosures minus the service side for a JC series set I'll never use and several transfer switches and gear.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2018, 02:17:40 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Wanting another Diesel Set

The base pan and one of the enclosures are spoken for. A gent whom visits here but doesn't participate wants it for his JC set. Long and short is St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital will be the recipient of a $150.00 donation for these items.

As most agree there are some diseases worth fighting to eradicate. One of them being childhood cancer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Troll For This Post:
Old 09-15-2018, 02:35:26 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 15,347 Times in 7,214 Posts

I hated doing service work at a children's hospital. Never could get out of them. Without getting wet eyes. Seeing some kid that you knew wasn't going to live. Really got to me. Saw plenty of other people that felt the same way. Was common to see service techs sitting in the parking lot crying.

I don't see how those people could make it working there.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:56:48 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,691 Times in 981 Posts

I worked over 30 yrs at our local Childrens hospital and for every tragic or sad scenario there were many more kids whose lives were immeasurably improved by the staff there, lots of good outcomes. Once in a while I even got to participate , almost always because a kid had gotten his finger stuck in something and needed to be extricated. Had one kid who came in with his finger stuck in part of some playground equipment. The firefighters just sawed a chunk out of the play structure and sent him to us. It was dicey cutting into the tubing without hurting the little guy but we managed and sent him on his way a much happier boy. The staff did some wonderful work and I was proud to work there. Cheers Dan
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBlockChev For This Post:
Old 09-15-2018, 04:20:03 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,681 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy J Shafer View Post
I don't see how those people could make it working there.
I was a Camp Quality carer here in Australia for years. Sad times and many, many happy times. You don't get used to the sad times.
Each year there's a camp for the kids. Each year there some missing and each year there's some new kids. It's hard but you just try and make a difference to the kids that are there.

Cheers Scott
Old 09-17-2018, 09:45:31 AM
Registered-III

worked several years as an EMT in an emergency room during and before college.

never did get used to the grade school age kids.

Lots of good and bad memories. Pediatrician sitting on the floor crying because they could not give blood to an otherwise healthy newborn, but the same dean of the church got blood when he had surgery. That's colored my view of religion (as practiced by humans) my whole adult life.