Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines

HP Lahr Special

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 271 times

Old 10-06-2019, 12:55:17 PM
Sponsor

Default HP Lahr Special

Does anybody recognize this engine? It read HP Lahr "Special" on the smokebox door and I think was one of several built by Henry Lahr of Minnesota. The engine frame, crank disc, cylinder and flywheel was from a Case portable.

I think most of Mr. Lahr's engines were traction conversations from Case portables, with a riveted Case boiler, but this particular one had a welded boiler.This picture was taken in the late 60's during a threshing demonstration at the Agricultural Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs, KS. At the time it was owned by Bob Harshbarger of Kansas City KS. Bob was an Allis Chalmers dealer, old batchelor, engine collector and all around eccentric character.

Bob removed it from the Ag Hall to one of his sheds and more or less hid it away, letting few people see it. I think it sold at his sale in the 1980"s.

I have always wondered what happened to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HP (Henry) Lahr Special.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	345823  

Last edited by Sam Shublom; 10-06-2019 at 05:11:37 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sam Shublom For This Post:
Sponsored Links