Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles Old belt driven farm equipment: shellers, milkers, threshers, pumps and antiquities of the industrial revolution.

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles

Little Giant Thresher Info

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 377 times

Old 08-18-2018, 01:33:57 PM
Registered-I

Default Little Giant Thresher Info

Looking for some info on a Heebner Little Giant threshing machine, mainly current prices/value. Machine has always been under cover, all parts are there and it worked when last put away some several decades ago by best guess of owner. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15221369-CCAD-4C0F-9B60-33BF7524FC9A.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	316522   Click image for larger version

Name:	316D4E29-9305-4B1D-8565-4DE808248817.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	316523  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlkmn1 For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2018, 08:42:09 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Little Giant Thresher Info

Equipment like that is real hard to place a value one. Around these parts the smaller all-steel threshers are king of the hill price wise by a long shot.(Amish) It is trite to say but it depends on what you are willing to pay and he is willing to sell it for. The condition of paint and stencil cant be decided from the photo and that doesn't help.Just to throw out a number or two I would say in any case it's on the short side of $1000.00, probably short of $500 actually unless it is in extrordanary condition.Your best bet would be to get the owner to price it, you may be thinking same thing or be miles apart.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:27:45 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,267 Times in 577 Posts

As Diesel said something like that is hard to put a price on. I think he is right with the $500 - $1000 range. One advantage is that it is a small machine, so that may make it more desirable. Kind of like steam engines, the big ones bring big money as do the small ones that can be hauled without a tractor trailer. Thirty years ago I have seen really nice threshers sell for next to nothing. I think one reason is because they take up a lot of shed room, which is another advantage of a smaller machine, and this one being wood there is no leaving it outside.

Last edited by Steve Kunz; 08-21-2018 at 10:05:04 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:56:55 PM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kunz View Post
. One advantage is that it is a small machine, so that may make it more desirable. Kind of like steam engines, the big ones bring money as do the small ones that can be hauled without a tractor trailer. Thirty years ago I have seen really nice threshers sell for next to nothing. I think one reason is because they take up a lot of shed room, which is another advantage of a smaller machine, and this one being wood there is no leaving it outside.
Agree with all of that. Prices on some of this old stuff is going down faster than one can keep up with it, other pieces are going up at same rate and still more is just kinda sitting still. A nice usable steel 28" separator has been $1500 around here for so long I dont remember any other price.
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselAddicted For This Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 06:57:53 AM
Registered-I

Thanks for the information, similar to what I was thinking. Have seen a number of the tin machines for sale across the state in various conditions but have not seen aay wood machines one like this other than at a show. Happened to find a manual for it over the weekend on eBay, that was a good find and will help out too-looking forward to getting it out and seeing if it will run again.