Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Computer, Camera and ISP Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Computer, Camera and ISP Problems Solutions for accessing and using the SmokStak® boards. Posting pictures, preventing viruses and solving internet service provider problems.

Computer, Camera and ISP Problems

Remove Windows XP & Replace with Windows XP professional

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 2170 times

Old 09-18-2010, 09:22:41 PM
Registered-II

Default Remove Windows XP & Replace with Windows XP professional

I have a new windows XP professional, Now how do I remove the other windows, And go about puting my new one, Help is needed Jerry B
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2010, 09:52:22 PM

Thanked 20,727 Times in 5,997 Posts
Default Re: Remove Windows XP & Replace with Windows XP professional

I had both versions but prefer XP home.
At any rate.....back up EVERYTHING you want to have after your FRESH INSTALL......back up FILES.....NOT programs as you will have to reinstall those.
Save your email address book, browser bookmarks, photos, documents......any file you don't want to lose.

Insert the CD and when asked select a THOROUGH reformat of the hard drive.
The XP installer SHOULD run without going into the BIOS and changing the boot order.....but if you must change the order make the drive reading the XP disc 1st in the boot order.
If I were you I would FIRST REdownload and SAVE whichever antivirus application you are using so you can install that FIRST after your fresh install and BEFORE you connect to the internet. Update that FIRST before you do anything else.
I like to take screen shots of the desktop and programs menu so I know what I had......thinking you'll remember never works.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig A For This Post: