Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines

Threshing at the Rock River Thresheree in 06

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1748 times

Old 09-18-2006, 06:06:42 PM
Registered-II

Default Threshing at the Rock River Thresheree in 06

At Rock River this year feat of tremendous magnitude was attempted. If I have my facts straight they succeeded in threshing with 10 steam engines and separators simultaneously.
Does anyone have any information on what the engines were? How about some pictures?
Dean
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2006, 08:50:17 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Threshing at the Rock River Thresheree in 06

I think it was 12 engines. I have been waiting for pictures also. Jamie Young has a panoramic photo of it. Lets see, there was Chuck's 9hp, Phil's straw burner, Clayton and Charlie's Minnie, Rory's 80 Case, Jim Holmann's Case, Ron Taylor Jr's Advance, Dean on Wade's 65, John on one of Wade's N&S, the Sycamore guys with I think two engines on, Wades other N&S. I am not sure if John or Pat had their engines on there. The rumor has it that next year they are going for at least 14 if not 18 engines going at one time.
Terry