Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Heavy Industrial Equipment > Railroads and Equipment > Railroadiana
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Railroadiana Collectibles from the Railroads. Railroadiana or railwayana refers to artifacts of currently or formerly operating railways around the world.

Railroadiana

Virginia Railroads - Louisa Railroad, Virginia Central Railroad, Cheaspeake and Ohio

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1087 times

Old 12-11-2017, 05:06:41 PM
Registered

Default Virginia Railroads - Louisa Railroad, Virginia Central Railroad, Cheaspeake and Ohio

Have researched many of these and will share information, have artifacts such as original wooden rail from the Louisa Railroad ca 1837. Also work with Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac Railroad.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2018, 03:42:16 PM
Registered

Default Re: Virginia Railroads - Louisa Railroad, Virginia Central Railroad, Cheaspeake and O

Watt Plow: While searching for info on my Sheffield single cylinder - 2 cycle engine I ran upon your post. I also viewed N&W Historical Society Archives.
Three pictures of my engine https://imgur.com/a/QRx9r I have located 45
8 x 10 pictures of 1898 to 1918 Sheffield cars and engines. And 21 owners booklets for 26 cars covering 1916 to 1940. The books show where to look for the car and engine serial # but I have not found any info that shows when the serial # matches to the years they were built. My engine serial # is 23301.
Being the N&W HSA author is listed as the Virginian Railway and I see they were receiving Sheffield cars from 02/18/1925 to 04/30/1953.
Is it possible you might be able to shed some light on my serial # ?

Thank You for your 12-11-2017 post.
PS --- I only get to see this site when I am in town.

Sylvan82