Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Welding Shop
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Welding Shop Welder generators, equipment, weld practice, techniques, troubles and solutions. See our TERMS of SERVICE prior to reading!

Welding Shop

Weldma WG-180 Tungsten Grinder

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 957 times

Old 03-17-2018, 01:52:39 PM
Subscriber

Default Weldma WG-180 Tungsten Grinder

Weldma WG 180

I acquired a Weldma WG 180 tungsten grinder and am looking for a copy of the manual for it. Any suggestions where to get one?

Thanks
Jim
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2018, 12:52:30 PM
eMail NOT Working

Default Re: Weldma WG-180 Tungsten Grinder

I did a little investigation, Jim, and come to the conclusion that the Weldma WG180 was PROBABLY only ever sold through government contract. The reason I say this, is that every OTHER reference points to the name Finishers Technology Corp, 319 MAIN ST, EAST BERLIN, CT, 06023-1137, UNITED STATES.

Looks like a one-shot build, just for grinding tungsten electrodes.
Grinding wheel is mounted to a universal motor (like sewing machine), spins at 7500rpm.
Collet holder, with selection of collets spins electrode at another... around 1000 or so.

I would venture a bet that if ANY manual were to be found for this machine, it would be a mil-spec document, not a general public version. Fortunately, it's a pretty obvious looking specialized grinder. I'm thinking it has adjustment and stops for angle and radius.

Most guys I know use a bench grinder or belt sander, and chuck the tungsten in a cordless drill. The unit you have there was probably intended to fill a toolroom provisioning specification for army repair depot locations that had TIG.... but I'm guessing they probably didn't get used much.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:00:18 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Weldma WG-180 Tungsten Grinder

D,

I did find a site that stated the company below originally made the collets for the Weldma grinder. Any other information on these grinders is very elusive. Looking for the correct size fuses, for the motor, light, and vacuum. I guess I could use an ammeter and figure it out from there. Would still like a manual to ensure proper operation.

Southwick & Meister Inc. 1455 No. Colony Rd. Meriden, Ct. 06450

Thanks,
Jim