Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets > Zolfo Springs, Florida
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Zolfo Springs, Florida Hardee County Antique Engine, Tractor & Car Show at Pioneer Park.

Zolfo Springs, Florida

Zolfo Springs

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2162 times

Old 03-04-2003, 09:08:54 PM
Fred Van Hook

Default Zolfo Springs

Went to Zolfo Springs last Friday and had a great time!! While I was there I saw a Case tractor that was painted a bright yellow. Does anyone know the story behind the color. Also the display had a cast iron Eagle that is the trademark of Case. I always thought the Eagle had a name. Does anyone know what it was?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2003, 09:30:15 PM
Steve Barr

Default Re: Zolfo Springs

The eagle was "Old Abe"... As a Case book that I have says, the name was based on a real Eagle that the Wisconsin Eighth Company took with them thru 38 battles during the Civil War. After the war, The Eagle died in 1881 and was stuffed and shown around the US and Capital Building in Wisconsin...Probably more that you wanted to know...

As to the yellow color...Either it was a Industrial / Highway Dept used tractor or this person liked the color....
Old 03-05-2003, 08:35:41 PM
Fred Van Hook

Default Re: Zolfo Springs

Thanks for the info Steve. The tractor was beautiful. All the colors looked correct except the beige or tan was painted a bright yellow. It looked to me in show condition and I really liked it. Attached to the back of the tractor was a platform with "Old Abe", cast iron and looked to be about 5 ft. tall. It was a very nice display. The owner should be very proud.