Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Model Railroading
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Model Railroading All scales, plus Lionel and American Flyer

Model Railroading

G scale wiring question

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 156 times

Old 01-06-2019, 03:05:14 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,321 Times in 858 Posts
Default G scale wiring question

I know there are more active forums but I'm gonna start here first!

I am considering making a G scale layout for a museum that can be controlled by the visitors. Most basic idea is that you would have one active train per track, no possibility of collision. But allow visitors to change the switches so they can reroute the train. (visitors could only rerroute each train in it's own 'division', if I have multiple trains, they are all isolated from one another). Is there any provision available to disable a switch while the train is on it, to prevent a train splitting a switch? I seem to remember this was how old lionel power switches worked, but they were taking advantage of the 3rd rail to make it work).

2nd level, does some system already exist that would allow 2 trains to share the same system, and be visitor controlled, but it could inhibit switches and reroute a train to prevent collisions? I'm not looking to program and engineer something like this myself, but if it's already been done I might want to incorporate that.....
Sponsored Links