Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants Antique Generators, Light Plants, Typically 24, 32 or 48 volt although some are 110 volt. DC Lamps, Motors and appliances.

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants

Delco Light Colour

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1194 times

Old 02-15-2013, 08:56:34 PM
Registered

Default Delco Light Colour

I have just finished putting back together a Delco light plant 850 watts. The engine and generator are painted in a dark red, this paint is in good condition. However, the fuel tank is almost bereft of paint.

Does anyone know of a suitable modern equivalent I could use to repaint the tank?

Thanks Mike
Old 02-15-2013, 09:18:27 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Delco Light Colour

Many auto parts stores that sell automotive paint can match your color if you take in a sample with computerized color matching. I'd suggest doing this and using an automotive paint that will withstand fuel spills. I'd guess thats why the paint is almost all gone anyway. Many paint stores can also put special mixed auto paint in spray cans for you. I've had that done a few times and it worked great.
Good luck.