Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Onan Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Onan Generators Restoring, operating and maintaining vintage Onan generators.

Onan Generators

Happy Veterans Day

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 363 times

Old 11-11-2017, 08:39:52 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,278 Posts
Default Happy Veterans Day

Im not sure those are the correct words. I would like to Thank all of you that served our Great Country. It is a service that cant be re-paid. Two of my uncles served in World War II and my father in Korea. The one uncle was a navigator and their plane was shot down over Germany he was captured and was a prisoner of war for 3 years until the war ended. The other shot down over France and was smuggled out by the French resistance. So many people either lost their lives or loved ones and continue to do so to protect our Great Country. To all those here that served.
Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 10:28:17 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Happy Veterans Day

My Dad was first guy across Utah beach on D-Day. 4th ID 22nd. Went across beach, took out "pillbox" with satchel charge under fire thru wire and mined beach front. Had paratroopers came in from landings back to beach. He got recommended for 2 silver stars but his CO got killed before paperwork was completed. Got shot next day in left leg while smoking cigarette. Thought he was gonna go home. They left bullet in his leg bandaged him gave him back his BAR and he went through rest of war with it in his leg. He cussed sniper for shooting him every step. Told me to Never volunteer for nothing!!!! He got bronze star and Purple Heart, went thru battle of bulge hell in hertgen forrest, total of about 4 or 5 major engagements. First to cross into Germany. Served two tours. My salute to all our brave veterans and the sacrifices they made for this great nation and its blessings and freedoms. The Lord is with us. May we be with Him!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HBSaunders For This Post:
Old 11-11-2017, 02:17:30 PM
Subscriber

Did 20 years total Army , Navy , Oregon National Guard, not all good and not all bad ! Would problem do it again
Wayne
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OrgWayne For This Post:
Old 11-11-2017, 05:42:04 PM
Sponsor

A big thank you to all who served so we can enjoy all the freedoms that we have today!
Old 11-11-2017, 10:36:17 PM
Subscriber

Did 4 years in Uncle Sams AIR FORCE, ( 1959-1963 ) Flight line mechanic on jet fighters. Good job, good times and single.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Charlie1925 For This Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 01:52:17 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,226 Posts

An extra special day for me... would have been my mothers 100th birthday. She was born on November 11th 1917, the actual first armistice day.
Doc
Old 11-12-2017, 02:39:33 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 5,337 Times in 3,886 Posts

WW2 dad would have been 100 less than 2 months ago. He did make it to 99.5 however.
He ran the motor pool in an airfield construction group, he worked on diesels, bulldozers, graders, trucks....
He always said he was a survivor...... meant that he would make it no matter what.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:15:07 PM
Registered-I

I spent twelve and a half years on overseas assignments out of a twenty year career. My field was fighter jet maintanance, one and two engines so I ended up stuck with the F-4D Phantom in Germany and Okinawa. Surprised I can still walk and have hearing still. The tough part of serving in the military is missing home on the holidays, all those Birthday partys, funerals and weddings too!

Thanks everyone for remembering all the Vets!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ret AF For This Post: