Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

How was Wolf's Swap?

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 1307 times

Old 10-06-2002, 09:31:45 PM
Bill In Indiana

Default How was Wolf's Swap?

Anyone get to Ken Wolf's swap meet this weekend. Usually go, but could not make it this time. How was it? I understand the auction was not going to happen, how did this work out? -Bill In Indiana
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2002, 09:51:54 PM
Bill In Indiana

Default Re: How was Wolf's Swap?

Now I feel real dumb, the swap is next weekend....oh well...not the first mistake I have ever made, and I am sure not the last....Gotta salvage something out of the post....so anyone else going next weekend? How is the non auction going to work? -Bill (a week ahead of himself) In Indiana
Old 10-06-2002, 10:14:37 PM
Bill in FL.

G.E.M. ad states it is a silent auction with seller minimums. No consignment sales. Did not say if minimums will be on engines or not. Guess you take a chance.

Bill
Old 10-06-2002, 10:15:01 PM
fredvanhook

Bill, Seen on West Wing last week some staff members missed a plane because of the time line, maybe it got to you too. Ha! Now for a serious question. Where is this swap meet to take place. I have a couple of engines for sale and might want to take them if it is close to midwest IN. Thanks Fred
Old 10-06-2002, 10:43:23 PM
Bill In Indiana

It is located just a little north of US 24 about a 1/2 mile east of US 31 on CR 200 North then take a right at the first intersection a go a few 100 feet to the entrance. I have gone the last two years, on saturday and the auction was the big draw. there were a few other vendors, but most of the folks seemed to be there for the auction. If nothing else it is worth it to see the Wolf's collection. His buildings are open and they have some very nice things there. If you are close it might be worth the trip. Not sure how the sale will go since it is suposed to be more of a tag sale now rather than an auction. Might be better, might be worse off. I set up there with a few things the first year I went, but it seemed that folks were a little tight, as they were all mostly looking to pick up something at the auction and seemed to be saving their money for that. Did sell some stuff, but also could feel the auction draining some of the cash. Have thought about consigning an engine this time, but not sure what with the tag sale aspect how it will go. Probably will go and see, can't help it with all that old iron it seems to draw me like a magnet.....Bill In Indiana
Old 10-07-2002, 06:40:42 PM
Ed Radtke

Bill, thats a half mile WEST on cr200n
Old 10-07-2002, 09:26:15 PM
Mark

From what I understand from Kenny, this is how the Tag sale will work

Everyone interested registers for a bidder #

If you find somthing you want and agree on the listed price on the tag, you can rip the tag off and it is yours.

If you don't agree to the price, you can write your offer on the tag and also turn the price you are willing to pay into the cashier.

Someone else can then up your price if they desire and you are out.

At the end of each day, Kenny will read the prices bid on each item and either accept the highest bid or not according to his minimum.

Consignments will be accepted.

Kenny is expecting to have 100-150 engines available.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:04:53 PM
Bob in ILL.

is there a list of the engines anywhere? or could someone list them here? Bob in IL.