Old Engine Memorials

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Old Engine Memorials
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Old Engine Memorials We each know a collector who has passed that meant something to us and this is a place for our final salute, a place of memories for all to share.

Old Engine Memorials

Paul Maples of Searcy Arkansas has Passed away

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 963 times

Old 11-17-2013, 09:33:01 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,309 Times in 364 Posts
Default Paul Maples of Searcy Arkansas has Passed away

Paul Maples of Searcy Arkansas passed away a month ago he was 68 years old and I just now found out about it, Paul was a super nice guy that had been into the Gas engine hobby way before I knew anything about them (70's-80's) I always enjoyed going up to see Paul and sitting in his shop talking about engines. Paul had been battling cancer for a couple years. Paul will be deeply missed by myself along with several other engine collector's here in Arkansas and other states I'm sure.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:51:40 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,525 Times in 1,649 Posts
Default Re: Paul Maples of Searcy Arkansas has Passed away

So sad to hear this Jim. Paul was a good one and I always enjoyed chatting with him. I stopped at his place once when I was headed to TX to pick up some iron. If I remember correctly, wasn't Paul raising his grand daughter? If so, I hope everything works out OK in that regard. We'll be remembering the Maples in our prayers.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:52:07 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,309 Times in 364 Posts

Thanks Tommy,,yes he was, I was thinking it was more than one though? He was a very caring person!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:08:32 AM
Subscriber

Sorry to hear the news. I met Paul on a trip through Tulsa and onwards to pickup a vertical Blackstone from him. A nicer gentleman would be hard to find ! My condolences to his family.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:13:29 PM
Registered-III

I will always remember Paul as a good Christian man that loved people. I still own a F & J Farm engine with the water pump that he sold me years ago. He took great care in crating it up so it would not get damaged in shipment. Seems like I counted over 200 screws he had in the crate to hold it together but the engine arrived just like he packed it. I never met Paul in person but we talked many times over the phone. I was just inquiring about him about a month ago to a mutual friend. I didn't get the pleasure of meeting Paul here but we will one day meet on the streets of gold. Thanks for posting this Jim.

Here is a link to his obituary and video - http://www.tributes.com/show/Paul-Wayne-Maples-96542703

Quote:
Paul Wayne Maples, age 68 of Searcy, died Wednesday, October 16, 2013 in Searcy. He was born April 17, 1945 at Eagle Pass, Texas to Robert Pierce Maples and Mildred Mae Smith Maples. He was Manager of Plant Engineering and Maintenance at Vicker's (Eaton) for 35 years and a member of First Baptist Church in Searcy. He is survived by his wife of 26 years, Rachel Maples; one son, Darren Maples and wife Melanie of Searcy; one daughter, Erika Cato and husband Kevin of Searcy; one step-daughter, Tracy Allgood and husband Sherman pof Denmark, Arkansas; ten grandchildren, Cameron Maples, Connor Maples, Miah Maples, Morgan Maples, Mackenzie Phares, Colt Cato, Jordan Cato, Jayden Cato, Grant Crawford, Logan Cochran; and three sisters, Paula Hampton of Pangburn, Renee Westbrook and husband Larry of Pangburn, and Leah Hardin of Searcy. He is preceded in death by his parents, Robert and Mildred Maples; and one grandson, Tucker Phares.

Last edited by Tony Leonard; 11-20-2013 at 04:48:07 PM. Reason: Added link.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:09:09 PM
Registered-III

Although I never met him in person, we corresponded for a number of years as we both had Stover YB engines. He helped me a whole lot by copying Stover material for me. Yes, he was a fine person, always helping anyone at any time. I miss him.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:54:35 PM
Registered

Rest in peace.