Oil Field Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment OFES members otherwise known as "Oafs". If you like "BIG OLD GREASY RUSTY OIL FIELD ENGINES, you're in the right place. Founded by Russell Farmer.

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment

15 hp reid, running better

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1009 times

Old 06-09-2016, 08:44:08 PM
Subscriber

Default 15 hp reid, running better

I am about thru with my 15 hp reid right hand with clutch and mag cam on out board end of crank shaft, rebuilt intake and transfer valve and guides, spray welded the piston to take care of the piston slap, added a pump to circulate water and sort of a cooler screen, small accumulator tank, and rebuilt the gov and valves, it runs pretty good on the gov. I also rigged up a small brass carb, just to see what it would do, the old gal likes it pretty good, I also installed a starter engine, she starts good by hand, but they get harder to start for me every year. I am pleased with the progress so far, by the way, please excuse the shop mess. hope ya'll like it, Dave in Arkansas.http://youtu.be/12T1DZNdKOO hope the link works well the ink didn't work, it is under david a. wright sr. 15 hp reid, sorry try this link https://youtu.be/I2TIDZNdKO0

Last edited by David A.; 06-09-2016 at 09:11:21 PM. Reason: link didnt work, i probably messed it up, shesh
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to David A. For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2016, 09:12:11 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: 15 hp reid, running better

Very nice job, thanks for sharing, makes me want to start mine up this weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim B For This Post:
Old 06-10-2016, 07:25:06 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: 15 hp reid, running better

Sounds pretty damned good to me Dave. I like your starting systems too, utilizing a belt. The friction wheels style starters scare me. I think it puts way too much stress on a single point on the flywheel. I know they use them in the olifields but have heard of them breaking flywheels. I've hashed it around in my mind on how I'm going to run mine. I have the Wico OC mag setup, but I like the simplicity of a hot tube too. I also have a Schebler carb I was going to put on it just to show the different systems they had to run on. Nice Job !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Holmander For This Post: