Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Smokstak Down Under
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Down Under For Australia and New Zealand Smokstakers to meet, greet, yabber and yack.

Smokstak Down Under

Steamin' Demon Clayton Cleaner

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 637 times

Old 05-20-2018, 04:56:07 AM
Registered

Default Steamin' Demon Clayton Cleaner

Hi all,

I've recently purchased an old clayton cleaner model 900 steam cleaner which also had the steamin' demon name. I'm having some trouble getting the fuel chamber of the diaphragm pump working. Does anyone have any information or experience with these machines?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ben
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2018, 12:44:06 AM
Registered

Default Re: Steamin' demon Clayton cleaner

Hi. I've have a

---------- Post added at 02:19:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01:41 PM ----------

Hi, I have the same model cleaner and have just been through the process of rebuilding it.
Have you got all the parts?

---------- Post added at 02:23:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19:51 PM ----------

Sorry I'm referring to the fuel/water pump and regulator

---------- Post added at 02:44:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23:34 PM ----------

When I stripped down the pump I found the gaskets were fine so I cleaned everything up and put it back together. The problem with mine was the one way valves on both the inlet and outlet of the fuel and water section of the pump, I guess sitting around with stale fuel and water did the damage.. I finally got it running late last night
Old 07-21-2018, 01:46:41 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Steamin' Demon Clayton Cleaner

Leaving fuel in carbies is always looking for trouble. It is the main issue on whipper snippers and chain saws that use those high speed carbies. They do get blocked up with what ever the crap is that is in the fuel we get today.
Soak it in thinners and ensure all the passages are clear and if any valves are free to open and close. I had an issue with a carby and the only problem was that I used to leave the fuel in the whipper snipper until one day it would not start. It took a while of soaking in thinners then using a can of carby cleaner with an extension tube on it to blast through the port and then once everything was clear it ran again. So now I use them then empty the fuel tank and run the carby dry. I have always turned the fuel tap off on the old mowers and never though about it for this situation, now I do.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:19:14 PM
Registered

Default Re: Steamin' demon Clayton cleaner

I have been through the pump completely now. Everything seems to be fine but it just won't pump fuel. I can't figure it out yet. It has been sitting outside for a long time i think. I'd love to see how yours runs!