Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Computer, Camera and ISP Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Computer, Camera and ISP Problems Solutions for accessing and using the SmokStak® boards. Posting pictures, preventing viruses and solving internet service provider problems.

Computer, Camera and ISP Problems

Be CAREFUL What you Click on the Web

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 2549 times

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2016, 11:57:27 AM
Administrator

Thanked 10,531 Times in 1,769 Posts
Default Be CAREFUL What you Click on the Web

I was just reading the hurricane report on fox news and happened to click on one of their side ads.

NOT GOOD! A page pops with a couple of warnings about a virus and I was to call this phone number or all my files would be infected, blah, blah, blah. Don't close this window or we will delete all files on tour computer, blah, blah, blah.

I did a CTRL/Alt/Delete which brings up the Task Manager, selected Firefox, ENDED the task and it was gone.

Fine, except that when you bring Firefox up again, it comes up with the same damned crap on the screen. So I ran the task manager again and dumped it. Then I ran CCleaner, which empties the cookies and temporary internet files, ran Firefox again and it was clean.

Be careful, there's a World Wide Web of crap out there! Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to be sure your computer is not contaminated. Mine is NOT.