Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Pioneer Gen-E-Motor (Pincor ?) Generator

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 3268 times

Old 04-10-2007, 02:32:12 PM
Subscriber

Default Pioneer Gen-E-Motor (Pincor ?) Generator

No. SS 2980 DC 2300 r.p.m. 32 volt 17.2 Amps is what I can read on the only remaining plate. It appears to also show Type T-175 but am not clear about this.

I bought this at the Elma, Washington swap meet, which was soggy but the the best swap meet I have been to yet!

This unit has been "de-militarized" unless I miss my guess. There are a bunch of rivet holes in the top of the cooling shroud that indicate that 2 separate i.d. plates have gone missing. There is olive drab under a nice newer paint job.

The engine is a one lung two stroke and uses a carburetor that has no float bowl but has a spring-loaded air inlet valve that appears to allow for engine crankcase vacuum to pull in mixed fuel through a needle valve. A Nelson take-apart muffler mounts to the top of the cylinder. Shielded spark plug and high tension wire.

It comes mounted on a plywood platform that has a plywood top box that has carring handles and clips to the mounting board with 4 latches. The top of the box has a hinged lid covering a 3 inch deep storage compartment.

Any thoughts on make, model, and original use ? I searched the archives and read every post I could find. Although I found no matches of my unit, I seem to remember seeing similar units discussed in the past.

I also received two 50 watt and one 100 watt 34 volt incandescent bulbs. Pretty cool "little" unit, runs fairly quiet, and quite smoke-free.

As always, I'd appreciate any info or comments!
Sponsored Links