Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Multi-Cylinder Stationary Gasoline Engines and Power Units
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Multi-Cylinder Stationary Gasoline Engines and Power Units Waukesha, Buda, Climax, LeRoi and others.

Multi-Cylinder Stationary Gasoline Engines and Power Units

Waukesha FC Starter Spacer Needed

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1956 times

Old 07-13-2009, 09:13:48 PM
Registered

Default Waukesha FC Starter Spacer Needed

Well, since I first posted about needing parts for the Waukesha FC that I needed, I got direction from members on where to get gaskets, as well as parts and service manuals. I found a rebuilt starter and water pump. I even bought an identical "donor" Power Unit for the bulk of the extra parts I need.

I am in need of one part that I have not been able to find. Waukesha, in their infinite wisdom, saw fit to have a spacer between the starter and the block. The Waukesha P/N is BE-269-A. Does ANYONE have a spacer for this starter they would be willing to sell? I really appreciate any leads you may have.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 12:28:56 AM
Registered

Thanked 1,243 Times in 969 Posts
Default Re: Waukesha FC Starter Spacer Needed

It looks like just a piece of metal in my parts book...If nothing turns up, try the Hist Soc to see if they have the length of the spacer; if they do, you might be able to cut one out of a piece of aluminum stock or something similar.
Arrowengine.com continued and/or supports some Wauks; don't think the FC was on their list but emailing is free.
FC's were in almost everything: IH trucks (oldihc.com), tractors (a few AC, Case, misc Combines (old tractor forum here/sites), Lift trucks etc (hcea.net), innumerable power units, railcars (narcoa.org) as nauseum...
Maybe someone with one will measure theirs for you...Good luck.