Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Vintage Diesel and Oil Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Vintage Diesel and Oil Engines Fairbanks Morse, Lister, Petter, Witte and other pump injected Diesel oil engines.

Vintage Diesel and Oil Engines

Wisconsin WD series air cooled diesel engines (aka: Ducati IS series engines)

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 308 times

Old 10-16-2018, 09:42:07 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 5,023 Times in 803 Posts
Default Wisconsin WD series air cooled diesel engines (aka: Ducati IS series engines)

I have been searching around the web for information on the Wisconsin WD1-430 that came with our little Agricat... after a lot of google searches, looking through images, forums, etc...

I found that they were built by Ducati of Italy and that they were known as the Ducati IS series engines. From there, I was able to locate Ducati service manuals for them! I have uploaded them (one for the single cylinder engines and another for the twin cylinder engines). The Wisconsin WD1-430 is the Ducati IS11, however the whole series are virtually identical.

Ducati Singles:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xFZ...w?usp=drivesdk

Ducati Twins:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-oe...w?usp=drivesdk

Wisconsin WD1-430/Ducati TS11

enjoy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigGURN For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2018, 10:14:43 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,522 Times in 2,203 Posts
Default Re: Wisconsin WD series air cooled diesel engines (aka: Ducati IS series engines)

Being a Ducati bike lunatic I have to say zero parts availability. Take care of what you have there and if it goes bang you're SOL unless you search Euro ebay etc..

These were developed and sold when Ducati was struggling to stay afloat. They had mediocre success at the time and when their bikes were up designed and stared to sell better, the small engines were dropped like a rock. I'm sure Wisconsin will tell you huh? What?
The Following User Says Thank You to I like oldstuff For This Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 06:02:03 AM
Registered-I

Default Re: Wisconsin WD series air cooled diesel engines (aka: Ducati IS series engines)

A diesel line I had never heard of. Cool! Thanks for posting.