Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Posting pictures(again)

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1287 times

Old 01-05-2002, 07:38:28 PM
Jim

Default Posting pictures(again)

There seems to be an awful lot of confusion on this subject, and people scrambling to find picture host sites that say they are free and after a short time, start charging a "nominal fee". This gets me to wonder if alot of you know that you more than likely have your own, small amount of web space given to you from your internet provider. If you are paying a monthly fee for your internet service, you should have some space!! The only thing you have to do is download a program called WS_FTPle, which is free, and you can upload all your pictures yourself!! It`s not really hard to do and I`m sure once you have downloaded the program, your internet provider will walk you through the set up procedure, which for the most part, is just they`re address and your user Id and password. They would also give you an address to use to link to your pictures. Can anyone out there explain this better than I have cause I just read what I wrote and it barely makes sense to me!! I had to have a friend run me through it the first time, but it really is not that hard! Call your internet provider and ask them if you have some space and if so, how much? I get 10 megabytes with mine which is more than I`ll ever use!! The WS_FTPle program can be downloaded for free from this site

http://support.catalog.com/downloads/ftp.htm
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2002, 08:43:10 PM
Steve Gerot

Default Re: Posting pictures(again)

Yes you are right it is very easy to put a link to a photo. We are trying to find sights that allow a photo to be moved so it shows right up on the posting with out having to follow a link somewhere else. I think it has more to do with each individuals combination of services.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:36:17 PM
David Greenwalt

Hi Jim, that's what I use, and I can post pictures right to the site here, don't have to post a link. My ISP gives 100MB of free space, that's probably a lot more than I will ever use. Later.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:38:31 PM
Jeff Holbrook

Yes Jim, I've read much about this also. If I can do it anyone can!! I use my own web space. I build a web page useing "Microsoft Word" Just simply inserting picture off my "C" drive that I have scaned my self. I place it in a file and transfer it with my Servers "FTP" from my e-mail, that they sent me. Check out my link. You may have seen them on a couple of adds posted on Harry's site. It works for me!! Anyone else do it this way?? Thanks a lot Harry. Sincerely, Jeff

My photos
Old 01-06-2002, 10:26:55 AM
Dallas

Along these same lines. Does anyone on Road Runner have a web page with RR. I would like to talk to anyone who has one. Thanks Dallas