Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Off Topic Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Another big, great auction Nokomis Illinois coming up

this thread has 29 replies and has been viewed 10649 times

Old 11-04-2012, 03:51:21 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,802 Times in 613 Posts
Default Re: Another big, great auction Nokomis Illinois coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-90 Russell View Post
Brother Clemens, I concur with with you and your thought on the matter of this auction of the items yesterday and now for any auctions that Aumann’s do online.

The problem we had is my dad was interested in a tractor at the auction yesterday in Defiance, so he had me bid on it for him. So I signed up and followed all online registration BS to bid, and note I signed up for all text / e-mail notifications so I could be notified of current bidding situations. So I place the first bid for my dad and that bid held till yesterday at 5 central time were I was sent a notification that my dad was out bid. All good and fine, so I called my dad and asked him what to do he said to place another bid but place it 20 min’s or so before the auction ends, so I did. So I put the bid in and hit the submit bid button and it accepted my dad’s new bid. Well here comes the shitty part, so I go back to see how the auction ended and to see if we got the tractor, well it shows auction is closed for that lot item and is for the exact amount of money I bid but to a different seller. So now I am confused as why this item sold to a different buyer to the exact same price I bid and was confirmed, from what I gathered the bid would have to be $100 more to out bid the other person. Also I was not notified through Aumann that there was dual max bids or an out bid notice, to give my dad an option to rebid. So I called Aumann this morning to ask about this and what to do since we have a confirmed bid of the exact same price as the win bid price. Aumann confirmed we had the same max price but the other person bid 1 min before my entered bid so they take that first bid to be the top bid, BUT if you’re the second bidder with the same price the they cut your max bid by $100 to make to the low bidder( I was told “this is how completive online bidding works”). I am sorry I have confirmed bid for a money amount and you change it with no notification FU and the horse you rode in on. I am truly confused on what to do here and to help my dad as he upset with Aumann and how they conduct business.

I feel that Aumann’s held a very unprofessional on line auction, and don’t hold up to what they want there name of their company to be. I feel that investigation should go on for their online buiding.These just my thoughts take them any way you want.

And Yes I am calling you out Kurt to make this right. I left my information with the girls at the office so call. And I plan on Monday contacting the Illinois State Auctioneers Association & National Auctioneers Association, and reporting my complaint to them on how poorly this situation was handled.

Ok according to Kurt's reply it looks like you were bidding on the nickelhole. I was the one who won the auction and of course i like the Nickelhole but i am willing to let i go to your dad's if he still wants it! I would love to add the Nickelhole to my Spoker but i am sure i will find another one! Let me know what you want me to do as i. Wire the money tomorrow.

Regards George
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 04:13:06 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,830 Times in 154 Posts

THAT is why I like selling antique tractor auctions better than any other kind of auctions we do. The overwhelming majority of folks are just like you! Even given all of the circumstances, you getting the bid fair and square, a selfless and kind act on your part George.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:21:46 PM
Subscriber

As i said i do like it but if he feels that bad about that Tractor he can have it the everyone is hopefully happy! I am 37only(and look like22) so that give's me enough time to find another one i am sure.
But will need to know it soon of him.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06:37 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 29,739 Times in 7,523 Posts

George,
Funny, I thought you were closer to 60?
As for auctions, I don't know Mr. Aumann and don't think I have ever been to one of his sales. But a couple of years back, my uncle sold his collection of tractors, gas engines, etc., for reasons of health. He hired a local, Ontario auctioneer, Jim McCartney of Waterdown.
I helped with setting up for the sale and there was a lot to do. Jim was there for days beforehand and worked right along with the rest of us. His experience counted for how things got set up.
Day of the sale, all went very well and my uncle got top dollar for his collection.
I expect Jim did fairly well out of it. His wife looked after the recording and taking money, etc. They had a couple of other auctioneers spelling off. As far as I am concerned, he earned every dollar he got and my uncle was very pleased that things went so well. I know that Jim was fielding calls well before the sale, people looking for info on certain items.
Seeing it all from behind the scenes, so to speak, there is a hell of a lot of work putting on an auction for someone and pulling it off without too much turmoil.
RM
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G Willikers For This Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 09:20:20 PM

Thanked 4,294,967,134 Times in 3,931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by German George View Post
Ok according to Kurt's reply it looks like you were bidding on the nickelhole. I was the one who won the auction and of course i like the Nickelhole but i am willing to let i go to your dad's if he still wants it! I would love to add the Nickelhole to my Spoker but i am sure i will find another one! Let me know what you want me to do as i. Wire the money tomorrow.

Regards George
Kudos to you George.

Beth
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07:21 PM

Thanked 20,731 Times in 5,993 Posts
Talking Re: Another big, great auction Nokomis Illinois coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by German George View Post
As i said i do like it but if he feels that bad about that Tractor he can have it the everyone is hopefully happy! I am 37only(and look like22)
22? .......

Don't push it.......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig A For This Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 04:47:35 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 18,190 Times in 4,172 Posts

Dit not watched overhere yesterday.
Looks i have mist something.......

George that is very nice and kind of you.
You are an real gentlemen in this.

Problems solved and everybody will be happy now.

Something left and it’s not my business only curiouss
In follow of Beth her question on the other steel wheel chanel what is the end direction of the Rumely F at the moment (only State, Country intrest,) not the person.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:49:15 AM
Subscriber

Sad but True haven't heard of Zach, i was willing to help him out but obviously he was more interested on blaming other folks for his own mistake. All i can say is, if the Tractor was that important to his Dad he had the a second fair chance to get it for him but wasn't interested. Curios who will be blamed now.

Regards George
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to German George For This Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01:56 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,260 Times in 202 Posts

I met a local fellow at a small tractor show this summer. He had a Hart Parr at the show that he had hauled back to Wisconsin from out west. He was very happy and grateful because George had won this tractor and then let him have it. This is a small world with some wonderful people in it!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jim Anderson For This Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 03:55:49 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,173 Times in 211 Posts
Default Another big, great auction Nokomis Illinois coming up

Was just going through my pics for our tractor maintenance tracker and came across screen shots from my phone from this online auction. Every time we were outbid, we received a text AND an email stating so. We didn't get all that we wanted @ auction but believe we were treated fairly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Retrofit88 For This Post: