Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Off Topic Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Another big, great auction Nokomis Illinois coming up

this thread has 29 replies and has been viewed 10650 times

Old 10-08-2012, 01:54:25 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 18,190 Times in 4,172 Posts
Arrow Another big, great auction Nokomis Illinois coming up

Here is an new big auction coming up with some very stunning nice old stuff with even an Rumely F.

Buyers pay attention on this one.

Hopefull the buyers have time to prepair there selfs on this one because it is already on the 01 of November 2012................

http://www.aumannauctions.com/index....9595&ap_sub=fp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brothers Clemens For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19:44 PM
Registered

Default Re: Another big, great auction Nokomis Ill coming up

We bought some literature on their online only auction of items from the Duane Larson estate. I was very disappointed on the lack of communication on their part. It took well over a month and several phone calls to find out what the shipping charges were and to get the items shipped.
I know Aumman's does a first class job on the live auctions, but I can not understand why anyone would want to buy or sell big ticket items online only. It just doesn't make sense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Prindle For This Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 04:32:41 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,830 Times in 154 Posts

Joe,

Really sorry to hear things weren't up to snuff with your literature purchase with us. I'm not familiar with what happened, it's been a while back. Call me anytime at my office if you ever need any kind of help with anything or have any problems.

Several good reasons for selling big ticket items online. In this particular situation the widow does not have enough items, nor the place to have a live auction. She did not want to spend the money or go through the work of having the items hauled to a consignment auction. She didn't know what to price it at to sell it privately. An online auction fit her needs perfectly. You can go inspect the item if you like, the online bidding gets her a fair price and allows anyone, anywhere the chance to buy the tractors.

Hope that helps.

Kurt
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Big 4-20 For This Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32:13 PM
Hoarder

Thanked 3,215 Times in 992 Posts
Default Re: Another big, great auction Nokomis Illinois coming up

I don't know the details of your purchase Joe; but the few lots I bought from the Larson estate sale went smoothly. It may have just been "one of those deals" based on the amount of stuff that sold that you ran into trouble. I'm not trying to make light of your issue or stick up for Kurt, but customer service is a big portion of my work life these days. Every now and then I drop the ball for one customer when juggling several at once. Fortunately none of the balls I've dropped have been fragile and my customers have stuck with me.

Give the man a second chance if you see something in the listing that interests you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Monnier For This Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 11:46:55 PM
Engine Buyer

Thanked 3,930 Times in 598 Posts

The man who owned the Rumely F and most of the other items in this sale was a close personal friend of mine. Given the situation I think an online auction by Aumann Auctions is by far the best choice. I hope his family does well with it.

Mike; I think he bought a few old stoves off of you and your dad a few years ago.

I want to buy your engines, especially rare ones! http://www.sideshaft.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Rozevink For This Post:
Old 10-15-2012, 02:35:28 PM
Subscriber

Wel it’s not of my realy business and i an not the auctioneer but it’s seem there is an huge difference with bringing auctions in to the media.

Some auctions are brought a half year or almost a year before auction in to the media.

Other auctions are brought one, two or a coople of months before auction in to the media.

Maby the sellers wants this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brothers Clemens For This Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:16:10 AM
Subscriber

115 k for the F until now.

http://www.aumannauctions.com/index....9595&cid=13981

Eny live more sharp price updates from the auction yet.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:21:06 PM
Subscriber

Incase some of you can not open the link.

New price on the F.

130 K ......

6 hours to go.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55:54 PM
Registered

$205,000

Cheap compared to the spoken D that sold a few weeks ago!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles For This Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 02:31:23 AM
Subscriber

205,000 $ ............ is this the real price.

Have seen on the other auctions of Aumann that the real price mostly is posted on there site after an coople day’s of Auction ?????.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:50:52 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,802 Times in 613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
$205,000

Cheap compared to the spoken D that sold a few weeks ago!
At least you get more money if you go to scrap it
It would not surprise me if it goes to thesame guy who bought the Spoker.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to German George For This Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 01:42:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Prindle View Post
I know Aumman's does a first class job on the live auctions, but I can not understand why anyone would want to buy or sell big ticket items online only. It just doesn't make sense.
I think it sold very well with out being live. Good iron and proper advertising is all it takes. Congrats to new owner it sure was in great shape.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56:52 PM
Subscriber

Great price for the Rumely.

Aumann dit an great job again and in an short amounth of time.

Dit not have seen the Rumely’s personal but it looks the F is almost the same in value as an E.
Not so long ago there was an early E in to an auction that went almost for the same mony.

Wel the F went even higher now but the new owner is having an nice coople pair of extentions with the Rumely.

We do know that an F is an very wanted old tractor.

Do not know the person named Kodak but wish him and all the other buyers good happines and fun with the new tractors.

Also congrats to the seller.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:59:30 AM
Registered

Thanked 1,892 Times in 241 Posts

Brother Clemens, I concur with with you and your thought on the matter of this auction of the items yesterday and now for any auctions that Aumann’s do online.

The problem we had is my dad was interested in a tractor at the auction yesterday in Defiance, so he had me bid on it for him. So I signed up and followed all online registration BS to bid, and note I signed up for all text / e-mail notifications so I could be notified of current bidding situations. So I place the first bid for my dad and that bid held till yesterday at 5 central time were I was sent a notification that my dad was out bid. All good and fine, so I called my dad and asked him what to do he said to place another bid but place it 20 min’s or so before the auction ends, so I did. So I put the bid in and hit the submit bid button and it accepted my dad’s new bid. Well here comes the shitty part, so I go back to see how the auction ended and to see if we got the tractor, well it shows auction is closed for that lot item and is for the exact amount of money I bid but to a different seller. So now I am confused as why this item sold to a different buyer to the exact same price I bid and was confirmed, from what I gathered the bid would have to be $100 more to out bid the other person. Also I was not notified through Aumann that there was dual max bids or an out bid notice, to give my dad an option to rebid. So I called Aumann this morning to ask about this and what to do since we have a confirmed bid of the exact same price as the win bid price. Aumann confirmed we had the same max price but the other person bid 1 min before my entered bid so they take that first bid to be the top bid, BUT if you’re the second bidder with the same price the they cut your max bid by $100 to make to the low bidder( I was told “this is how completive online bidding works”). I am sorry I have confirmed bid for a money amount and you change it with no notification FU and the horse you rode in on. I am truly confused on what to do here and to help my dad as he upset with Aumann and how they conduct business.

I feel that Aumann’s held a very unprofessional on line auction, and don’t hold up to what they want there name of their company to be. I feel that investigation should go on for their online buiding.These just my thoughts take them any way you want.

And Yes I am calling you out Kurt to make this right. I left my information with the girls at the office so call. And I plan on Monday contacting the Illinois State Auctioneers Association & National Auctioneers Association, and reporting my complaint to them on how poorly this situation was handled.

Last edited by 30-90 Russell; 11-03-2012 at 01:31:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 30-90 Russell For This Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 06:54:58 AM
Registered

The bidding system is another than proxibid, so they can make more money. That there is no chat possibility, no possibility if something goes wrong is covered by their conditions. If you have a confirmed bid I'm pretty sure in court Aumann will have a problem and has to deliver the tractor or pay you for the damage they did.
Marc.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13:44 AM
Subscriber

I think the only fair way to handle a situation where two matching bids were placed, is to cut the tractor in half.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brady Vollman For This Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 11:32:33 AM
Registered

If you wanted it that bad u r on and watching at the end. Simple as that. you can watch and bid anywhere in the damn world on your phone these days. But Kurt is being flamed as the bad guy. Give me a break, a tie is always a possibility happens all the time on eBay this auction had a bid extension feature your bad for not being ready.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rich Wood For This Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 01:44:15 PM
Registered

I had lots 1 through 6 disappear on my screen with just under 5 min left on auction . Couldn't have bid on them if l wanted to. I talked to someone else that had this same exact thing happen to them. I don't believe l will be bidding on any more online Aumann auctions. People might as well just put their stuff on ebay. Hard to believe people would pay 10 or 15 percent commision just to list their stuff on the internet. Just my 2 cents worth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Harbauer For This Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 06:38:22 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,802 Times in 613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-90 Russell View Post
Brother Clemens, I concur with with you and your thought on the madder of this auction of the items yesterday and now for any auctions that Aumann’s do online.

The problem we had is my dad was interested in a tractor at the auction yesterday in Defiance, so he had me bid on it for him. So I signed up and followed all online registration BS to bid, and note I signed up for all text / e-mail notifications so I could be notified of current bidding situations. So I place the first bid for my dad and that bid held till yesterday at 5 central time were I was sent a notification that my dad was out bid. All good and fine, so I called my dad and asked him what to do he said to place another bid but place it 20 min’s or so before the auction ends, so I did. So I put the bid in and hit the submit bid button and it accepted my dad’s new bid. Well here comes the shitty part, so I go back to see how the auction ended and to see if we got the tractor, well it shows auction is closed for that lot item and is for the exact amount of money I bid but to a different seller. So now I am confused as whuy this item sold to a different buyer to the exact same price I bid and was confirmed, from what I gathered the bid would have to be $100 more to out bid the other person. Also I was not notified through Aumann that there was dual max bids or an out bid notice, to give my dad an option to rebid. So I called Aumann this morning to ask about this and what to do since we have a confirmed bid of the exact same price as the win bid price. Aumann confirmed we had the same max price but the other person bid 1 min before my entered bid so they take that first bid to be the top bid, BUT if you’re the second bidder with the same price the they cut your max bid by $100 to make to the low bidder( I was told “this is how completive online bidding works”). I am sorry I have confirmed bid for a money amount and you change it with no notification FU and the horse you rode in on. I am truly confused on what to do here and to help my dad as he upset with Aumman and how they conduct business.

I feel that Aumann’s held a very unprofessional on line auction, and don’t hold up to what they want there name of their company to be. I feel that investigation should go on for their online buiding.These just my thoughts take them any way you want.

And Yes I am calling you out Kurt to make this right. I left my information with the girls at the office so call. And I plan on Monday contacting the Illinois State Auctioneers Association & National Auctioneers Association, and reporting my complaint to them on how poorly this situation was handled.

Sorry can't aggree on that. I guess what happend if you bid for example 8500 and someone was bidding the same amount he got it because he was first. I always check after the bid if iam high bidder if it's important to me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to German George For This Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 12:35:54 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,830 Times in 154 Posts

Zach,

I know that you called my office on Friday and talked with Jodi who attempted to explain this to you. She said you were very wound up, didn’t really have a lot of interest in listening to an explanation.

First of all, we are always very happy to work through any problem with anyone as long as that person extends us the same courtesy of diplomacy, speaks to us the way they would like to be spoken to and will listen to the facts of the situation. Frankly when someone doesn’t do that, I get done listening pretty quick. What did you want to do to the horse I rode in on??? I’m fair, but I’m not a pushover.

What we do couldn’t be more transparent. We lay the rules out ahead of time. Everything is out in the open and the high bidder wins. Here’s how your situation played out.

Straight from the bidding logs: At 5:10 p.m. you were outbid, ironically, by someone on this very forum. At 5:10 p.m. user “Sacklaustom” placed a bid of $8,600. This took you out and you would have gotten an outbid notice. At 5:50 p.m. you placed a bid of $8,600. The same bid that was placed 40 minutes earlier by “Sacklaustom”.

When you placed that bid, it immediately shows you that you are not the high bidder. I just went into a test auction and repeated the act to show you the screen that appeared. I have attached that screenshot. A piece of software is a machine, much like a tractor. It is cause and effect. For a set of circumstances, it produces the exact same result, almost mechanical. This screen DID show when you placed your bid.

So…
1. Your bid was the same but was placed 40 minutes after the first $8,600 was bid. That first bid placed by “Sacklaustom” takes precedent.
2. You were told on the screen, at the time of your bid, that you were not in a winning position. (See screenshot)
3. You were not shown by your user name as a high bidder on the item since 5:10 p.m. You did not show as high bidder after you placed your bid. It is reasonable to assume a bidder would see this and even check this.
4. Because after 5:10 were you never the high bidder, you did not get an “outbid notice” of any kind because you were not outbid. You were told at the time of placing the bid you were not in a winning position.
5. No one reduced your bid. That’s ridiculous. Still, it wouldn’t matter at all???
6. We use the bidding system we use so there is no third party to depend on. There is not chat, we do better, we send via email to bidders TWO cell phone numbers that you can call when the auction is ending if you have any problems.
7. Always find it funny that people say after an auction - can’t believe how much money you made, just for talking. Or in this case, just for listing it on the internet. No one sees the work. The days on the road, dragging things out to take pictures, starting tractors, crawling around doing descriptions, pick ups, doing the marketing, mailings, answering the calls, etc., etc, etc.

If your Dad is upset, he should give me a call. He is the registered bidder. I’ll stand by my conduct and the way I do business. I can’t stand when someone tries to paint a derogatory picture of me or my organanization without presenting all of the facts or taking responsibility for their own actions.

I’m proud to say I’m one of a handful of auctioneers in the country that was appointed to serve on the Ethics Committee of both of the auctioneer organizations that you have listed. Go ahead and contact them. Facts are facts and I’m comfortable in my position that we acted correctly and fairly.

Might have said a lot – too much maybe? This steams me. If anyone, ever has any kind of a problem, pick up the phone and call me. As the great philosopher Forrest Gump says, “That’s all I got to say about that”.

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 9.28.37 AM.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	148619