Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Chain Saw Collectors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Chain Saw Collectors Vintage chainsaws and other air cooled gas engine saws, collecting and restoring.

Chain Saw Collectors

Titan Timber Model A Two Man Chainsaw

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 728 times

Old 04-24-2018, 02:08:27 AM
Registered

Default Titan Timber Model A Two Man Chainsaw

I am researching an old chainsaw that I recently discovered on some property which I inherited. It is a Titan Timber two man chainsaw manufactured by Mill & Mine Supply, Inc. out of Seattle Washington. This appears to be a Type A, Serial Number 475. I have included a few photos of the unit. It is not complete, but I have gathered as many pieces as I could identify without having seen a picture of one. Can anyone provide me any insight regarding this saw and if a unit in this condition could be of interest to the vintage saw community?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_101401.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	308982   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_101455.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	308983   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_101740.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	308984   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_104517.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	308985  

The Following User Says Thank You to LesMac For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2018, 09:03:15 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: Titan Timber Model A Two Man Chainsaw

I don't think there is much to be learned about that old saw. Here is what is on the leading chain saw website about your saw: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.ns...0?OpenDocument

I'm not sure what is missing from your saw but it is MOST CERTAINLY of interest to chain saw collectors at the very least. After so many years out in the elements the saw may or may not be able to be made to run but even if it's hopelessly dead there is more than enough there to make a splendid display piece.

There clearly were not a lot of these machines made and most of them were used up and discarded in favor of newer and more user friendly and productive saws. Finding one in any condition is cause for celebration. If you say, "But I'm not interested in old chain saws," I can understand that but at the very least you should make sure the saw gets into the hands of someone who will appreciate it for what it is and give it the care it deserves.

I really hate it when people say that some rusty old pile of junk is "a piece of history" but in this instance I think that descriptor may apply given the importance of logging in the development of the west. This saw was built around the time the switch was being made from hand saws to power saws for felling large trees (Mike Acres dates these saws from 1941-1942). That alone should make it of interest to people who study that period of time.

And I do have to add this disclaimer. It is highly unlikely that you have won the lottery here. I doubt that the Smithsonian will be beating a path to your door, clamoring with others to buy the saw. The people who collect this sort of stuff are for the most part retirees or working stiffs who are on a shoestring budget. Dare I say, your focus should be on making sure this saw's future is assured not on making a profit. Please don't take offense at this, I just have to say it.

Congratulations on a nice find! Please keep us informed about the saw's progress, whether you choose to restore it yourself or pass it along to someone who will.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:50:10 AM
Subscriber

hi les.there is a guy in your state that collects chainsaws that are made in Washington.his name is marshal trover.you may know him he lives in Washington.google his name on line to get his number
Old 06-15-2018, 06:12:58 PM
Registered-I

Howdy...My name is Steven P. Williams and I live in Gold Bar, WA.
I am an avid Titan saw fan and collector. I will do all I can to help you with information about your new found 'A'.
Feel free to call me direct ANY time to talk and ask q's.

Good on 'ya.

Steven P. Williams
360-535-1110