Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Chain Saw Collectors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Chain Saw Collectors Vintage chainsaws and other air cooled gas engine saws, collecting and restoring.

Chain Saw Collectors

Montgomery Ward Chainsaw

this thread has 14 replies and has been viewed 26012 times

Old 11-16-2009, 12:27:06 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: Mont/Ward chainsaw

Don't worry I'm not trying to drive down the value
of your Remington. I'm just trying to get the machine
running so My Nephew can make a buck using it .
Steve A W
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47:18 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Montgomery Ward Chainsaw

Aren't all derivitives of a brand worth something? Many times a re-badgeed garden tractor or engine is worth more than the original name because of rarity. Why wouldn't this be so with a chain saw? Just my two cents.

BTW, I hope your nephew has a safe and profitable time using this old saw. Kudos to him for wanting to do actual work!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:58:46 AM
Registered-II

Actually not..the value will not increase......The real thing is still the real thing.....Who made the effort and money spending to produce a saw?...Who did the engineering work and the blue prints?...The original company... Who hired the people to assemble those saws and created jobs.... The re-badge saws are copies of thousands of saws signed on a contract agreement with the mother company to sell the same saw at a cheaper price by changing the color and putting new sticker on the saw..This is a marketing decision to increase sales by any means at a lower cost..

With worldwide business trades and logging embargo it's already started without any quality control with the Chinese Husqvarna, the Jonsered's... the Sthil's copys and more.....

It is a declining market that will end in buying a saw and when it is no longer working you simply trash it.

Just ask any seller or sponsor on this site and you will get a quick answer.

I believe the rule is 6 to 1(could be mistaken)..would have to be confirmed.
In the past a seller would sell 6 saws in a month.
Today the same seller will sell one saw every 6 month.

Chainsaw is slowly becoming a story from the past...something to remember....with all the closed mills...where is the future?.....

This is why i don't buy on large surface and try to encourage my local dealer...might be a bit more expensive but i can get some service and his profit money will be re-injected in the community.

WE need to be realistic......

Alain,
Old 12-11-2013, 01:36:23 AM
Registered

All I can tell you is that they are great saw I have acouple and I use them all the time nerve had an issue with them bought both used cleaned them up and they run perfect start the second pull every time hang on to this saw
Old 06-26-2017, 05:47:21 PM
Registered-II

yeah....this is an older posting and wont get read. but. There are COLLECTORS,and there are flippers.. seems like soon as a guy gets something he wants to know what its worth and what can he get for it.
I m a collector. Its worth exactly what the man paid for it...or in his mind...IT AINT FER SALE. im the same way. The guy was just trying to I D his saw and he got all kinds of answers. I read these answers to get answers on what i might try to collect. I m not gonna sell nor flip for a big price. Just keeping em from china and korea for a bit.