eBay Auctions
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > eBayŠ Auction Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

eBayŠ Auction Discussion All eBay™ discussion; engines, frauds, fancies, weird stuff and more.

eBayŠ Auction Discussion

I'm So Pissed Off I Can't See Straight!

this thread has 31 replies and has been viewed 7146 times

Old 06-25-2015, 10:36:05 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: I'm So Pissed Off I Can't See Straight!

Craig , I don,t know if you drink or not , but Point Special worked for me !
Wayne
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2015, 11:50:32 AM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgwayne View Post
Wayne
Craig, Been There! Kind of side stepping here a bit but..., Recently I purchased an Oiler on Ebay. 4 oz. mind you. I recieved a bill from the vendor for shipping for $21.80. I was told part of it was handling and they couldnt find any more reasonable shipping. I told the vendor just to forget the whole deal. I didnt even care if he tarnished my rating. Next day the freight was adjusted to $8.50. Wish I got $12.50 + every time I touched something! Enuf Said! P.S. Keep hounding them eventually you might come out alright.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Mosley For This Post:
Old 06-25-2015, 12:16:58 PM

Thanked 20,154 Times in 5,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgwayne View Post
Wayne
While that might have worked for you it would be the beginning of a looooooong downward spiral for me.
I learned my lesson about that stuff in 1977.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig A For This Post:
Old 06-25-2015, 12:31:56 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 10,028 Times in 966 Posts

I wonder if the split between Paypal and Ebay has anything to do with this?Seems like most disputes were handled through Paypal in the past. If the user filed a claim, as long as you provided the tracking number, you had proof that it was shipped to their Paypal listed address and that was the end of that. Maybe Ebay folks are now handling disputes a bit differently? I can't speak to USPS insurance process though. I've shipped over 2000 items USPS and never had one lost or damaged. Maybe I"m a good packer? I even shipped a package to the wrong zip code and USPS found it at the wrong post office, wrote the correct zip code on it, and sent it on the way. Maybe I'm over due for my first shipping issue...

wahlengines.com
Old 06-25-2015, 12:36:02 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 6,253 Times in 4,036 Posts
Angry Re: I'm So Pissed Off I Can't See Straight!

Craig, don't feel alone. EBay ripped me off for $400. I bought an airplane model for 400 including shipping from the Philipines (custom built). Never shipped. Neither Ebay nor Paypal made good. I pestered them for months, and got nowhere. I try not to deal with EBay anymore, and I definitely wont deal with PayPal at all.

Bserfass, why not try to sell here on the Stak? might be cheaper than EBay. Craigslist might work too

They don't call it evilbay for nothing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post:
Old 06-25-2015, 03:22:24 PM

Thanked 20,154 Times in 5,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Wahl View Post
I wonder if the split between Paypal and Ebay has anything to do with this?Seems like most disputes were handled through Paypal in the past. If the user filed a claim, as long as you provided the tracking number, you had proof that it was shipped to their Paypal listed address and that was the end of that.
I argued that point Jeff to no avail.
The fella with whom I spoke at Paypal was a great young man.......from rural Nebraska in fact.......
I asked him if ebay and Paypal had split yet and he said no but it will be soon.
They CANNOT reveal the actual day of the separation due to SEC issues.
I was MOST pleased with paypal.
It's ebay who unequivocally sided with the BUYER without contacting me AT all......
I'm continuing to follow the tracking of the package but it's STILL showing nothing new.......
Old 06-25-2015, 05:44:46 PM
Subscriber

about the same time I learned it to
Wayne
The Following User Says Thank You to OrgWayne For This Post:
Old 06-25-2015, 07:59:03 PM
Subscriber

the problem is the post office can not prove they delivered the mail .the credit card co. will not make you pay for some thing you did not receive from the post office because they have no way to prove delivery .I only use ups are fed x .they gps the package at your door
Old 06-25-2015, 08:21:38 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,769 Times in 3,695 Posts

May be a dumb question, but did you use the on-line shipping label through eBay so it automatically uploads the tracking number ?

Or did you get the tracking number AT the Post Office and enter it on eBay ???

If the tracking number was submitted to eBay I don't understand HOW/WHY they would have taken the buyers side.

I had one a few months ago where the buyer claimed all they got was the shipping label and No package and eBay still sided with me because the tracking number showed it had been delivered.

Only other problem I've encountered like that was a package I shipped to Dubai that the tracking number still showed it was setting in Chicago a month and a half later. I called the USPS customer service number and found out that with International shipping they don't track anything once the package leaves the country so I STILL have no idea if it was ever delivered or not. I never got any feedback on it (Pos or Neg) but I did get some kind of a notice from eBay claiming that they protected me on some transaction but didn't go into any detail as to what transaction they protected me on.

I've been using the on-line shipping labels for a couple years now. Of course you have to know the EXACT weight which means getting things boxed up and going to the Post Office to have it weighed and then printing the label, but with me the Post Office is only a block away from the Library so it only adds a few extra minutes for me. Printing the label on-line gets you a discount on the Postage though. In some cases it's a Pretty Good Discount depending on whether it's going First Class or Priority Shipping.

And it Automatically enters the Tracking Number for you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OTTO-Sawyer For This Post:
Old 06-25-2015, 09:34:54 PM
Subscriber

Andrew, I do list engine related items on EnginesAds but I also have other items I used to list on Ebay. After hearing all the other sellers problems I think I will avoid ePay in the future. I will say PayPal has never caused me a problem