Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Photos
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Photos OLD gas engines, hot air engines, Diesels and steam engines. An electronic photo gallery to showcase the best of your old engine collection.

Antique Engine Photos

Briggs WM Engine with generator

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1471 times

Old 07-22-2013, 06:34:44 PM
Registered

Default Briggs WM Engine with generator

Trying to find out some information on this Briggs WM engine and generator. [IMG]
http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=station&th=14968[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 09:47:00 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Briggs WM Engine with generator

Does it look like this one that i own. I was unable to see the pictures on the other web page

Old 07-24-2013, 01:00:04 AM
Registered

Thanks it is some what similar. this one has the relay mounted on the front end of the generator. it has a switch on the foot pedal that closes when the pedal is pushed down.

Pictures are in Yesterdays Tractors Stationary Engines. Post by huntingreen2day

Thanks
Old 07-26-2013, 08:58:13 PM
Subscriber

I was able to see the pictures this time. To me it appears you have a PCWM-100 or very simular and the engine went and they added it to a old washing machine engine. I had the similar coil and point set up on top of the starter / generator. With mine I use a 12 volt lawn tractor battery for demonstration. Some people say its a 6 volt system. The one i posted picture of puts out 8 amps on 12 volt battery to make 96 watts. The model of mine is PCWM-100. Mine is a positive ground system. If you close the points on the coil on top of the unit it should turn the engine over to start. Once engine is running the points will open and then it will start to charge battery. By looking at the switch by the kick pedal when it comes in contact with the pedal it grounds it and activates the coil to close the points to make it start. I copied your picture and added some text for you about where battery hooks up on mine which could be same as yours. I hope this helps you

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a120888.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	170526