Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

depressing day (bulldozed the old homestead)

this thread has 15 replies and has been viewed 2713 times

Old 11-09-2004, 10:21:42 PM

Thanked 19,798 Times in 5,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sherman
Another form of Communism is alive and well here in King County Washington.

Property rights page
Your State is one of the "Models" the "Smart Growth" Gestapo ALWAYS uses as an example of how WONDERFUL "Smart Growth" is. After finding the facts the opposition ALSO uses your State as an example of what is WRONG with "Smart Growth". We fought it tooth and nail here in Central Wisconsin where "they" are trying to cram it down our throats too--but they didn't expect a well organized and INFORMED Public to CRAP ON THEIR PARADE!!! and they have been getting defeated regularly....Township by Township and Village by Village. Craig
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2004, 12:01:40 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,294 Times in 309 Posts

We are begnining a petition and have to get 8500 signatures collected by Dec 31 before the CAO goes into effect. Then we have a good chance of beating it. Also the Governor (it's a tight race) has yet to be decided and it's looking up for us in that respect, as the one who would throw this ruling out is ahead now and hopefully the the winner.

My website
Old 11-10-2004, 01:04:48 AM

Thanked 19,798 Times in 5,839 Posts
Default depressing day

First: Nice site!!! Use any FREE public venues available to you--talk radio--TV--newspapers--ANYTHING to get the truth out!!! Our County Planner stooped to writing a diatribe based on HIS take from conversations with our DECEASED County Chairman and then wrote it up in First Person style and SIGNED (FORGED) the deceased's signature on the letter!!! ANYTHING to push the "Smart Growth" agenda. THAT is how desperate they get!!! DO NOT let the bastards win!!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 11:25:26 AM
Subscriber

This CAO is a real problem with 99% of the rural land owners here, and I think we can beat it. I'm all for protecting the environment too, in fact there is a good chance I would leave most of my land treed and the way it is. But being TOLD or FORCED to do so really get's me riled up! They say they will give us a tax break, well as far as I'm concerned and I speak for the 99% against it, they could not give a tax break high enough to make up for it. Basically they are taking 6.5 acres from me of waterfront land valued at 50K an acre.....hmmmm, I think I'll be dead before any tax break makes up for that!

My website
Old 11-10-2004, 11:28:02 AM
Subscriber

PS Thanks for the compliment on the site. It's an evolving thing and I still have a l;ot to learn about editing and building it but its been fun. My wife says I spend too much time working on it, maybe she thinks I should spend more time in the shop?

My website
Old 11-29-2004, 03:48:12 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,082 Times in 747 Posts
Default Re: depressing day (bulldozed the old homestead)

I would raise hell with who ever came up with that CAO ordinance. I am sorry that such a old house has to go because of a unavodable event. The house my parents bought in 1985 is almost a hundred years it self. I think it was built around 1910. I know how the like loosing a member of the family is. My graduating class lost two of our classmates and sadly one of them was not far from my house. Both of them were lost a month apart.