Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Machine Shop and Tool Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Machine Shop and Tool Talk Shop Equipment, fabrication, repairs, how to fix it, which tool to use for the job. Machinist shop talk, straight to the point.

Machine Shop and Tool Talk

Power feed; the ultimate lazy man addition

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 451 times

Old 06-19-2017, 05:10:39 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,092 Times in 1,756 Posts
Default Power feed; the ultimate lazy man addition

It was a bit of work to install this ebay $200 chinesium Bridgeport feed to my small mill but well worth it. Re machining the lead screw to get things within .0005 was a challenge as the screw is longer then my lathe. Then a few mounts for the drive and an end cover had to be fabricobbled. But is this thing a hand saver! Servo drive with 150 inch pounds of torque, ( don't need 1/10th of it) and adjustable speed from zero to waay fast. Of course as it's Chin, it makes more noise in one direction than the other as something in the guts isn't round. But it is quieting down with use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	millfeed3.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	284747  
Sponsored Links