Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Antique Machine Tools (Pre 1930)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Machine Tools (Pre 1930)

Unknown Hand Crank Metal Planer

this thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 953 times

Old 04-19-2018, 09:46:14 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,688 Times in 526 Posts
Default Re: Unknown Hand Crank Metal Planer

George

Have you ever completed your museum.

I live in Lancaster County and would like to see it when going through.

My dad was a machinist at the American Car and Foundry in Berwick from the late 1930's to the early 70's. He had to work using pre 1900 machines during
WW II until they got more modern machines to help in the war effort. Some of the stories he and my father told were unbelievable.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2018, 05:14:08 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Unknown Hand Crank Metal Planer

Hi Gary,
Still working on the little museum... I have some Amish builders lined up early summer to start construction of a post and beam building for the equipment.. I hope to get things moving soon..but as we know getting a full working line shaft shop is a significant project. I have been collecting many pieces over several years and I am still hunting more unique early machines. I anticipate getting it finished and inviting anyone and everyone to come and enjoy seeing it... I even plan on having a small one day event where friend collectors can set up an engine or machine to display for the day. I will be posting some pictures of the progress in the near future. George
The Following User Says Thank You to George Kulisiewicz For This Post: