Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Smokstak Down Under
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Down Under For Australia and New Zealand Smokstakers to meet, greet, yabber and yack.

Smokstak Down Under

Humphrey Pump update

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 328 times

Old 11-03-2018, 10:42:43 PM
Registered-I

Thanked 1,358 Times in 310 Posts
Default Humphrey Pump update

Hi All,
Many have asked me "What's happening with the Humphrey Pump?"
My understanding is that they hope to have the Pump running for the Easter 2019 weekend (19 - 22 April)

So I've made some enquiries.
Here is a statement from the pump operators:
"The recommission of the Humphrey Pump is getting closer.
The work on the pump itself has been completed and it has been run several times for testing and training purposes with good results.
However, another gremlin has shown its ugly head in that we have discovered a water leak in one of the gas producers. As a result, we have stripped the gas producer down to discover the head is beyond repair.
Components for a new head have been ordered and the new head is being built by SA Water.
We are hoping the gremlins will be satisfied at last with this repair and we can apply for an operating permit soon."

(It would be nice (as many would like) to have the Pump running in time for the National Rally, but, we cannot rush the political and bureaucratic red tape BS.)

Best wishes, jayvee
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jayvee For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2018, 10:14:03 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: Humphrey Pump update

Hello Jayvee and members here,

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Oops! Try again. Cat just walked across the keyboard and posted the above.
Hello Jayvee and members.Have great memories of my visit to the Cobdogla site, seeing that strange and wonderful pump running, and meeting Jayvee and others there on the weekend following the last National Rally in SA. Hope and trust that the pump can run again in time for next years Rally,as it is a display not to be missed. Sure Jayvee will keep us informed. Great to see they have another steam exhibit as well. Hope the bureaucratic wheels keep turning and all goes to plan. Kind regards,
Combustor.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:07:58 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: Humphrey Pump update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvee View Post
Hi All,
Many have asked me "What's happening with the Humphrey Pump?"
My understanding is that they hope to have the Pump running for the Easter 2019 weekend (19 - 22 April)

So I've made some enquiries.
Here is a statement from the pump operators:
"The recommission of the Humphrey Pump is getting closer.
The work on the pump itself has been completed and it has been run several times for testing and training purposes with good results.
However, another gremlin has shown its ugly head in that we have discovered a water leak in one of the gas producers. As a result, we have stripped the gas producer down to discover the head is beyond repair.
Components for a new head have been ordered and the new head is being built by SA Water.
We are hoping the gremlins will be satisfied at last with this repair and we can apply for an operating permit soon."

(It would be nice (as many would like) to have the Pump running in time for the National Rally, but, we cannot rush the political and bureaucratic red tape BS.)

Best wishes, jayvee
I have always been intrigued by the Humphrey design. While I am on the wrong side if the planet to pop in for a visit, I hope that the pump can be put into service; it would be an awesome thing to experience.

Kirk