Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Smokstak Down Under
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Down Under For Australia and New Zealand Smokstakers to meet, greet, yabber and yack.

Smokstak Down Under

National Rally update

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 818 times

Old 11-03-2018, 10:54:01 PM
Registered-I

Thanked 1,358 Times in 310 Posts
Default National Rally update

Hi All,
For those wondering....
YES, there will be a National Rally in 2019 at Murray Bridge.

I have just received an interim update from the Rally Committee:

"By now many should be aware that the 17th NHMA National Rally, is just a short 5 months away.
The rally committee have been hard at work setting plans, organising site, sponsors, vendors, catering, logistics, infrastructure and everything else that comes with taking on this mammoth task.

Entry forms were released back in August, and to date the return has been slower than we anticipated.
Entry forms, trade and market stall applications and any other correspondence have been sent to clubs and interested parties via emails and electronic/social media. We are unsure about how effective this has been. Hopefully all clubs across Australia should have received a hard copy by mail.
If you would like us to send you an entry form please call our secretary Raelene on 0438819001, or Jayme on 0419037756 and we will post one out (If we donít answer please leave a message and we will get one posted out to you, we have jobs that work crazy hours)

For those who have access to emails and computers, our website www.nhmanationalrally.com.au will have all the info that you need, and if you want to send an email direct, nhmarally2019@outlook.com.au will get to us.

We will be taking entries right up to the Rally, but for planning purposes we would like entries to be in by the end of December.
As always, keep an eye on our Facebook page for more regular updates, and if thereís anything you would like to know or ask, please contact us."

I will have more detailed Rally update in Oily Rag #62
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jayvee For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2018, 04:23:43 AM
eMail NOT Working

Default Re: National Rally update

Yes Jayvee will be there as a visitor
Air fares, accommodation and hire car already book and paid for
Ian
Old 11-04-2018, 09:51:23 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,959 Times in 546 Posts

Hi Rusty Engines,

Look forward to catching up with you at the National, hopefully you can enlighten me more on this post.

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showt...22#post1450822

Regards,
Wayne
Old 11-05-2018, 12:37:22 AM
Registered-I

If you're going to have an Internet Spat in real life at least make sure you do it in a ring, sell tickets and split the profits!
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyNumbat For This Post:
Old 11-05-2018, 02:22:32 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,959 Times in 546 Posts

Hi RustyNumbat,

I think you misunderstand my post.

I don't know who Ian is calling a liar, he doesn't know me at all.......

But I look forward to discussing it further.

Regards,
Wayne
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10:21 AM
eMail NOT Working

Oh we have ancient history being bought up a lot of water has flowed under the bridge sine then
Anyhow I'm having a ankle operation early in the new year hopefully the doc wants to do me first up in the new year but until he see the work load for next year can't promise if it gets to close to the rally I have put it till I get back
What does all of this mean
It means I will be there with a spring loaded walking stick should be good for a poke and maybe a a big boot on one foot should be good for kick
I was going to drive down grrrr driving a long inductance is a bit hard at the moment
Was going to bring some of my push mowers (about 20) and maybe a Southern Cross of course
Ian
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG DS_4709.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	322159
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty Engines For This Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 08:51:06 PM
Registered-I

Thanked 1,358 Times in 310 Posts

Hi All,
Hope this is of benefit
I'm just the messenger
jayvee

For those wanting to know what's happening.....

As all vintage enthusiasts should be aware of by now, the 17th NHMA National Rally, is just a short 4 months away.
Everyone here on the rally committee have been hard at work setting plans, organising site, sponsors, vendors, catering, logistics, infrastructure and everything else that comes with taking on this mammoth task.

Entry Forms
Entry forms were released back in August, and to date they have been slower at coming back in than we anticipated.
Up until when this report was written, all entry forms, trade and market stall applications and any other correspondence have been sent to clubs and interested parties via emails and electronic/social media. We are unsure about how effective this has been so by the time that this report is printed, all clubs across Australia should have received a hard copy by mail.
Likewise, if you would like us to send you an entry form please call our Secretary Raelene on 0438819001, or Jayme on 0419037756 and we will post one out (If we donít answer please leave a message and we will get one posted out to you, we have jobs that work crazy hours)

For those who have access to emails and computers, our website www.nhmanationalrally.com.au will have all the info that you need, and if you want to send an email direct, nhmarally2019@outlook.com.au will get to us.
We will be taking entries right up to the Rally, but for planning purposes we would like entries to be in by the end of December.
Entry for exhibitors will cost $20; this fee includes entry for 3 days for one exhibitor plus one (partner, friend etc), a rally badge, programme and welcome bag (To be confirmed)
If there are any questions on this, again please contact us.

Insurance
Whilst we stand behind NHMA membership and insurance policies, we know that it is not for everyone. We welcome all vintage enthusiasts to this rally whether NHMA affiliated or not, however, NHMA guidelines will be followed at this event.

Camping
Exhibitor campsites are still available at the Murray Bridge Showgrounds, limited powered sites ($15/night) available and unlimited non-powered ($10/night). This campsite is available for a week either side of the Rally.
While there, The Murray Bridge Show Society will look after campers and the various sporting clubs onsite will have morning and evening meals available in their club rooms.

Rally Dinner
Our Saturday night rally dinner will also be held at the Murray Bridge Showgrounds, at a cost of $30, we are planning a traditional roast meal accompanied by many of the edible delights that are available from SA.
Raffles, prizes and entertainment is sure to make for a great evening.

Rally Grounds
The Rally site (Sturt Reserve) will be fully fenced and will have security patrolling all night from Thursday to Sunday,
All exhibits will be able to be placed at the rally site on Thursday from 9am, with forklifts & cranes to assist where needed.

Entry to Sturt Reserve will be from 7am to 6:30pm on rally days, (outside of these times by arrangement if needed) and as with the previous SA rally, we will have a courtesy bus running between the campground and Rally site between these hours on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Whilst most of the Murray River catchment has seen next to no rainfall, the river levels at this stage will still allow for boat ramp access and we are urging any boating enthusiasts to dust off their vessels and bring them out for the weekend.

We have confirmation of a few Paddle Steamers attending, and hope that we can attract a flotilla of smaller boats of all descriptions to add a facet not normally seen at National Rallies.

Steam Certification
We have been working close with a SA Heritage Boiler Inspector and are very happy to announce that all interstate based boiler certification will be honoured for the duration of the weekend.

We will have an inspector on site, but Iím assured that if current certification is presented and there are no catastrophic safety concerns, there will be no issues with running steam from interstate.

We will have ample water supply and have sourced 10 ton of wood for use, and if more is needed we will do our best to get more.

Added attractions
To further compliment the displays we anticipate a healthy display of vintage caravans, several flyovers of vintage aircraft, many and varied trade and market stalls and a few other extras that will need to be seen on the days.

We have confirmation that at least 3 different riverboats will be hosting cruises and meals throughout the Rally. Booking information will be available in the next update.

We will have a Tractor Pull sled in action and other tractor events to keep drivers active and provide viewing entertainment for general public.

Grand Parades will be held for all vehicles (no steel cleats) around the roadway each day and along the river for all boats in attendance.
We have been made aware that 2 tractor groups will be running treks to the Rally.

A mega dairy and a large tool display will be coming and would be keen to hear from anyone else who can bring something out of the ordinary along.

We have been well supported by a few valued sponsors, some of which will have Machinery and trade sites. Trade, food, and market sites are still available, please call Emily on 0407524546, or zap us an email on the details above.

We are able to supply marquees, trestles, shades, and other facilities (may be at a cost) for individuals or clubs who donít want to lug everything with them.

There is plenty to see and do either side of this event, either by extending your stay on the way to or from Murray Bridge. Secure storage for trailers can be arranged prior or after the rally for those wanting to tour around while they are here.

For all tourist information contact the local Visitor Information Centre.
AHMRC (Adelaide Hills Motor Restorerís Club) & BSTPS (Booleroo Steam Traction Preservation Society) have rallies either side of the National Rally, and there is plenty of collections, museums, other points of interest to fill the days in between.

We will have a final update out in January, and hope to see as many of you all in March as possible.
As always, keep an eye on our Facebook page for more regular updates, and if thereís anything you would like to know or ask, please contact us.

We would like to give a special thank you to our current major sponsors, the Rural City of Murray Bridge, Bridge Building Supplies, National Historical Machinery Assoc, Moore Engineering and Alpha IndustriesÖ Without their support this event would not happen.

Emily Kidd
2019 NHMA National Rally Committee
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jayvee For This Post: