Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Smokstak Down Under
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Down Under For Australia and New Zealand Smokstakers to meet, greet, yabber and yack.

Smokstak Down Under

All in the fight against doing myself injuries

this thread has 25 replies and has been viewed 1627 times

Old 12-01-2018, 07:27:01 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,711 Times in 932 Posts
Default Re: All in the fight against doing myself injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like oldstuff View Post
A lot of new toilets in the us and can are 3.8 litres per flush. Sometimes it takes a couple hits if a python sized load gets lodged in them.
We have the dual flush system and I was wrong about flush size. Not just wrong but really, really wrong. Mr Google tells me that with the dual flush and for a 4 star rating it's about 4.5 litres for a full flush and about 3 litres per 1/2 flush. Sh!t (pun intended), no wonder there's skid marks left all the time. And we have a vegetarian in the house to make matters worse.
Do you people over in that other place have the saying.....if it's yellow let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down? We can but try with less then 5 litres of flushiness.

Cheers Scott
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2018, 07:41:55 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,195 Times in 790 Posts

Are you on water restrictions or something? or is it just bad potty training?
Old 12-02-2018, 04:10:33 PM
Registered-II

Scoyyt2 Do you have the wrong size toilet pan?, YES, the pan is probably a full flush pan./ They are much bigger in the water holding area in the inside bottom of the pan. The half flush pan holds only half or less than a full flush pan. Much easier for the greenies to fill. It is a long time since I installed one but they were around a lot in the early sixties-seventies etc. I don't know if they are still in use these days. Cheers John.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:19:27 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,711 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john gilbert View Post
Scoyyt2 Do you have the wrong size toilet pan?, YES, the pan is probably a full flush pan./ They are much bigger in the water holding area in the inside bottom of the pan. The half flush pan holds only half or less than a full flush pan. Much easier for the greenies to fill. It is a long time since I installed one but they were around a lot in the early sixties-seventies etc. I don't know if they are still in use these days. Cheers John.
Or maybe we lay big logs?
We have all new dunnies. 1/2 flushes suck. I'd like to find one of the old Silentia (I think they were) pull the chain overhead concrete reservoirs and decent dunny pan to put in the shed when we build it. A nice big drop for the decent amount of water.....the Coriolis created by that combination will get rid of the skids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E27N View Post
Crane is a WA made Kevrek 1500, good for 1.25 t and 375kg @ 5 m full hyd slew and extension except for the last metre which is manual.
That's a pretty handy crane. 375kg @ 5m is not bad at all. Will your crane allow slewing over the cab? One of the bad bits with the crane that's lifting Freddy is it won't allow slewing anywhere near the cab. It can be a pain.

Cheers Scott

Last edited by Scotty 2; 12-03-2018 at 01:40:09 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:39:26 PM
Subscriber

In addition to post #4 I have raised beds in the garden. I have a pallet rack I built a roof over and added sides and canvas roll up curtain to have easy axcess to my implements and scrap steel. Everything in on pallets so it can be moved with the positrack. Added roof over my diesel tank. I built crates for handling wood. I stand them on end to stack the wood then lay them down to store them in the fabric building. I handle it once when I cut/split it and once when it goes into the boiler. In my 71 years I have had somewhere around 18 broken bones, a broken back, 2 back surgeries, a kidney removed (cancer). So when I pea it pulls to the left a little. I have to be careful in the public rest room that I don't spray the guy next to me. Lots of arthuritus. I also have a form of MD. I have to strain to take a gallon on laquer thinner off the top shelf. Other than that I'm doing fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1543950668361307936108.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	323962   Click image for larger version

Name:	15439507175301442013521.jpg
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	323963   Click image for larger version

Name:	15439507390192085536103.jpg
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	323964  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to b7100 For This Post:
Old 12-06-2018, 06:39:14 AM
Registered

Hi

Anything over 2 pound should be lowered by rope too prevent backwash.

Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to Clapper For This Post: