Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants Antique Generators, Light Plants, Typically 24, 32 or 48 volt although some are 110 volt. DC Lamps, Motors and appliances.

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants

Delco Lighting Plant

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 2125 times

Old 04-29-2002, 11:19:31 PM
Bruce

Default Delco Lighting Plant

I'm into tractors and stationary engines and now this older friend of mine asks me if I want an old Delco 32 VDC lighting plant that his family used on a property of theirs.

Is it worth anything?

I should take it right?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2002, 12:10:22 AM
Don C. Wiley

Default Re: Delco Lighting Plant

Bruce;

By all means take it. It sounds like it may still be in a building and may not even have any rust on it. Be sure to check around for the cover for the air shroud. They were usually put on a shelf and lost when some one took the genarator out of the basement or building that they were kept in.

If you live in a warm climate the glass batteries may still be intact. There aren't too may of them still left, if they were in a area where the temperature gets below frezzing. When they go dead the acid goes into the plates and leaves the liquid mostly water and they frezze and break the jars.

Post a picture or e-mail me one and I can probably tell you what model you have. Delco-Light made about 80 different models. I might even have a manual and wiring diagram for it.

Good luck with the Delco-Light.

"DELCO DON"