Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants Antique Generators, Light Plants, Typically 24, 32 or 48 volt although some are 110 volt. DC Lamps, Motors and appliances.

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants

Continental Tiny Tim Generator

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 383 times

Old 03-11-2018, 09:38:41 PM
Subscriber

Default Continental Tiny Tim Generator

Hello:

I Just inherited a barn fresh Tiny Tim generator.At least that is what i was told it was. I have found no tag or identifying marks as of yet. It is air cooled and painted blue. It turns over and has a hint of compression. It is all there but someone went wacko with a pair of sidecutters. Does anyone have a manual and/or circuit diagram for this machine? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2018, 12:55:24 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 5,936 Times in 3,856 Posts
Default Re: Continental Tiny Tim Generator

These engines do not have much compression to begin with. Comp. ratio about 4:1. They don't displace much either. They don't have a throttle either. They depend on the resistance generated by the generater charging to regulate speed.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:56:55 PM
Registered-I

Brownfrog,
Please post pictures. I have a Tiny Tim generator, or is it a Little Joe? There were a couple of discussions here in recent years so you might find your answer by searching the archives of this site. I'm still not exactly sure which unit I have or how its supposed to be wired, but it does put out some voltage when its running.
Good luck,
Kevin in NC
Old 03-15-2018, 11:30:33 PM
Subscriber

Hello:

No photos of mine yet but this is an example of what is before us. Mine is in better shape Just needs the pushbutton starter switch repaired. Will share photos and info if I find some. It was made by Continental Motors. Probably has a series field for starting and a shunt field for generating like many of the Delco light plants and a cutout. Hope the photo comes through. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiny Tim skinny.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	305690