Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

What is it Sure beats me

this thread has 10 replies and has been viewed 1057 times

Old 01-23-2003, 06:57:35 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,875 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default What is it Sure beats me

My friend Fred found this neat vertical upright air cooled with slanted fins at a recient Florida "Lawnmower/riding garden tractor" show, and couldn't resist buying it . Question is, who made it, where was it made, what was it used on/for, and all the other questions that go along with things we have that have no identifying marks . THANKS in advance for helping identify this one. Paul

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2003, 07:31:26 AM
enginenut

Default Re: What is it Sure beats me

standard cream sep.. they were machine grey.( i was told).. i have seen them may other colors,, mine was black, i pd $600 not running, sold it for $1000 running,, the buyer lives in pa, i have had mine at jacktown many times,
Old 01-23-2003, 09:28:40 AM
Doug Wilson

That is one cool looking engine ! I wouldn't mind if somthing like that followed me home . Doug.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:37:28 AM
DANIEL DORECE

I have an original Std. It is painted black and has very nice pin striping. mine has a full base and dual ignition system with the batteries and spark coil in the base.

DAN
Old 01-23-2003, 11:43:48 AM
Lloyd Osmun

Paul, Its a cream seperator engine. One was sold at Jacktown Snow Show. Buyer going to sell it.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:50:01 PM
Wayne Welch

Paul, When I got this engine there was a note attached to it. "Bought in early 1920's on a Page Portable Milker and used until electricity cam in the 1930's) I haven't been able to find any other information on the engine. I don't think it is painted the right color. Wayne Welch in freezing Minnesota.

Old 01-23-2003, 01:57:47 PM
BobRR

There is one on E-bay right now its at 510.00 BobRR
Old 01-23-2003, 07:23:00 PM
enginenut

the standard that is on ebay is an early engine,,( straight fins) the later engines hqad slant fins, this was for better cooling,, engine nut
Old 01-23-2003, 07:40:19 PM
Fairbanks_Kid

My guess too was that it might be a cream seperator or milking machine engine? Really neat engine Paul. Is it running and is it a 2 cycle?
Old 01-23-2003, 09:49:05 PM
Dick Shoudy

It is a burton page engine. used by pioneer mfg co., page milker division. They have the slant fins, and gas tank below carb. The standard has the straight fins, and gas tank above carb. They are 4 cycle. They are unique-when you take one apart. They used several types of mags and also made a battery model. Almost all threads were 20 pitch from smallest screw on up. One difference- the page has a pipe thread in exhaust. I could ramble on forever-got 7 of them- all have something different from others
Old 01-24-2003, 05:14:39 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,875 Times in 1,732 Posts

Dick: THANKS for the information. I'll pass that along to Fred in Fla. Paul