Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

binder 4 hp carb ?

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 904 times

Old 03-04-2004, 03:57:31 PM
ron brown

Default binder 4 hp carb ?

schebler carburetor, my instruction book says there is a auxiliary air valve adjustment on it ,but mine dose not have one ,no spring ,valve,or adjustment like picture in repair manual it just has a pipe plug in bottom of air intake pipe ,will it run ok like that or do i need to try and find one . if so dose anyone know where i might get one at . thanks ron brown in central ill.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2004, 06:41:07 PM
Jim Brown

Default Re: binder 4 hp carb ?

Ron: It should have one, like the diagram in the manual. It is a little hard to tell from the picture posted, but your carb has been "modified" in a couple of places. I can't tell what is in place of auxiliary air valve, but it isn't right. Also, in the bottom of the bowl, the drain cock is not original - it looks like it is from a later sediment bowl. The original is a brass petcock - it should be shown in your manual also. I can help you out with the auxiliary valve. Jim
Old 03-04-2004, 10:49:20 PM
ron brown

thanks jim i will email you for details ,ron brown
Old 03-07-2004, 10:50:10 AM
ron brown

jim if you have time please get in touch with me i sent email i dont know if you got it or not? i shure need your help , and to talk to you if i had a phone number , my number 217-563-7405 thanks ton brown in central ill